Excalibur Matrix 330

I have found one of these for sale for a decent price... I am for sure getting a cross bow with the money from my graduation now I just need to decide what one... Everything ive read about the Matrix 330 and recurve crossbows in general says that they are amazing... Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with the Matrix 330 or recurce crossbows in general

Well, now after doing shopping around im thinking about getting a Matrix 310 as it would be NY legal... The law about draw weight is one of the stupidest laws ive ever seen

Not sure of that model, but a lot of my friends from ohio love the Excalibur's.  I'm sure you'll be happy with it.  I'd look for a local shop and handle several models if possible.  I personally like to handle things before spending that kind of money.  You might find something that just feels better in your hands.  Lots of crossbows out there, many are good quality these days.  I like the 10 points with the hand crank, but I'm old and tired.  I got a turbo II for my fiancé two years ago and she loves it.  Easy for her to crank and it'll hit a quarter at 50 yards. 

Whatever you choose, be very careful not to let your thumb or finger get in the strings way when you shoot.  It can be very painful. 

Not sure of that model, but a lot of my friends from ohio love the Excalibur's.  I'm sure you'll be happy with it.  I'd look for a local shop and handle several models if possible.  I personally like to handle things before spending that kind of money.  You might find something that just feels better in your hands.  Lots of crossbows out there, many are good quality these days.  I like the 10 points with the hand crank, but I'm old and tired.  I got a turbo II for my fiancé two years ago and she loves it.  Easy for her to crank and it'll hit a quarter at 50 yards. 

Whatever you choose, be very careful not to let your thumb or finger get in the strings way when you shoot.  It can be very painful. 

After looking, im definitely looking at buying a recurve vs a compound just due to shear simplicity