Honeoye Friday nite 5/16

Gambell and I made an evening trip down for bluegills/walleye. We didn't set the world on fire, but it was a beautiful evening to fish. Wish the fish had thought so, too. The water temp was 62, the weeds were popping up all over, even to the point of seeing their tops out in 16 fow. Still, it wasn't a complete jungle in tight, so that's where we started for panfish.

I'm not sure if we were early or late, but nothing much on beds; a few crappie and some small 'gills. Anyone have any insights into whether they've spawned yet or not? Right now was prime last year, but it was a cold spring last year, too.

Jigged 14-18fow and trolled for awhile. Gambell caught one on a deep diver off the board and we missed a few strikes on the harnesses. That's it. Typical transition time...boom or bust. Anyone else doing it down there?

Gator

It's my understanding the panfish fling is over. My brother did well down there up on the crappie up to a couple weeks ago. I've been out walleye fishing at night twice myself. Not a single eye but couldn't keep the bass off my line. I hear they're doing well on the eyes on Conesus though.

Been out on honeoye twice for wallyes, havn't killed'm yet, but havn't been skunked either. We've had are best luck in deeper water 16'-21' FOW. The weeds are crazy there, so we've been trying lighter jigs, they seem to handle the weeds better.