Field and Stream Store.

fbg14619

Store in Rochester has fantastic mounts. Blows away Ganders  Mt. Huge bucks , elk, muleys and decent fish mounts

just awesome. If you havent been, go check it out.  You will not be disappointed. Plus they have great inventory and 

prices are competitive.  I picked up some renoskys.

The Cheektowaga Cabelas has 150,000 items on display. The catalog store has 650,000 items. The fishing lures are a little weak on local knowledge lures but strong on everything else. 8 by 8 elk mounts are really impressive. All the mounts are true trophies. Plan on staying for hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Field and Stream reminds me a lot of Gander Mt when they first came out. Gander has since sold all of those cool mounts and it looks more like a Dick's and so would Field and Stream with out those mounts. I have not been to Cheektowaga but anytime I am close to Hamburg, PA I make that stop. It is like my version of a theme park. Indoor trout stream and rooms dedicated to items that are not for sale but for show. Simply awesome. Cabelas has an indoor trout stream... and a mountain... and a tank larger than most personal yard ponds. My family like going to it because they can shop and eat and look at the animals and fish and they leave me alone to do look at man things. I have to pick whether I want to do hunting or fishing because I usually only have 2-3 hrs and that is not enough to do both. My parents use to spend a night in a hotel and shop there the next day when it opened before they drove home so they could spend more time there.

This is a must see if you have not been. I guess my point is that if F&S is impressive to you than you need to make this trip to a Cabelas. I am extremely hopeful that the hype surrounding Bass Pro in Victor is real. I won't get too excited but will definitely check it out since it will be on a normal travel path for me.

Field and Stream reminds me a lot of Gander Mt when they first came out. Gander has since sold all of those cool mounts and it looks more like a Dick's and so would Field and Stream with out those mounts. I have not been to Cheektowaga but anytime I am close to Hamburg, PA I make that stop. It is like my version of a theme park. Indoor trout stream and rooms dedicated to items that are not for sale but for show. Simply awesome. Cabelas has an indoor trout stream... and a mountain... and a tank larger than most personal yard ponds. My family like going to it because they can shop and eat and look at the animals and fish and they leave me alone to do look at man things. I have to pick whether I want to do hunting or fishing because I usually only have 2-3 hrs and that is not enough to do both. My parents use to spend a night in a hotel and shop there the next day when it opened before they drove home so they could spend more time there.

This is a must see if you have not been. I guess my point is that if F&S is impressive to you than you need to make this trip to a Cabelas. I am extremely hopeful that the hype surrounding Bass Pro in Victor is real. I won't get too excited but will definitely check it out since it will be on a normal travel path for me.

I hear ya about Cabela's.  I was fortunate enough to stop in at Cabelas in Kearney Nebraska while on my way to a hunt out west once.  It was amazing.  Rows I mean rows of trophy mounts  of every species.  Bucks that look to be once in a life time. Muleys, white tails, all kinds of sheep.  Really impressive mount of a big six point elk with a mountain lion on its

back.  Stringers of huge walleye.  I would pay admission to go there.  

I go to the Hamburg store at least 4-5 times a year, it's pretty cool the kids like the fish tank and the trout stream and they like the safari critters. I only have a couple of complaints, first off they are not the best on prices for lures, and they don't a lot of the item you guys have as for as trolling paraphernalia, run of the mill paddles and spin doctors and spoons. They don't stock a lot of the walleye lure making stuff like what's in their catalog, but they are getting that area a little better, since a bunch of guys complained, that's what I was told by a service rep. Most of the time anything that goes on sale that's a hot item they only put out so many, then they say they are out, like the store only sales, for instance the depth finders. Other than that it's a nice store.