Ruff Rider Live Report 2015 6/27-6/28

Well... this may be the shortest live report ever for us.  The forecast this weekend looks miserable.  There is a small craft advisory in affect from Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning, with 7-10ft waves forecasted for tomorrow.  We are going to try to get out in the morning, but from everyone I've talked to, the fishing has been incredibly slow as the lake warms/transitions. 

Arneys Marina has been working on our boat the past two weeks.  It ended up being our IAC valve having to be replaced, but was only found after a tune up, new spark plugs, and other parts were tried... not looking forward to that bill!

Our real excitement for this weekend is heading to Captain Jack's tomorrow night for my birthday.  I get one free chicken wing for every year old I am... time to pig out!

Also, Salmon Slam weekend is coming up!  Remember, you can fish the Big Fish Friday from any port as long as you weigh in at Arneys at 2pm.  It is $50 and half the money goes towards to event the next day for wounded and disabled Veterans.

Good luck to everyone trying to get out on the water this weekend and please be safe!

We were out in the afternoon. Wasted 2 hours in 120-160 chasing tons of bait and arcs with a small laker to show for it. Picked up and moved out to 275...picked up a mix of steelhead, king and lakers. No big kings yet...but good bite out deep if you can get out there before the weather hits.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Lake Ontario United mobile app