Temperature gauges

Haven't seen one in years but I don't remember there being anything to adjust that was visible on it at least to be able to actually change anything. I used to test my old manual Fishawk by getting a mercury thermometer and a plastic pail of water in the sink and then putting both the probe and the thermometer in and gradually adding some warm water and then colder water and compared and they were within a degree or so..worst case is that if you can determine the amount it is off (if constant) you can mentally make the adjustment out on thewater.

Edited by Sk8man

If so, you can roughly calibrate it doing as I suggested above turning the slot screw till it matches the thermometer reading or comparing with a known accurate temperature device and doing so.

Sounds as though one is for "zeroing" and one for up and one for down. Probably all you need is a known (and reliable) temp source to compare with.

Edited by Sk8man

SK8Man , Thanks for the advice but it's a little more complicated then that. There are 3 pots that need to be adjusted , one common , one for colder and one for warmer and the slide switch has to be in different positions, and all this has a certian sequence that needs to be followed. sooner or later someone will have the booklet or my kid will find mine

Wow at least mine (Fishawk) had a depth indicator and a spool winder on it :)  All i remembered in seeing one of those Lowrance units years ago is the slide was on the front and I think the probe line was real light colored and somehow wound around the center? :lol:  I tried anyway :)

Edited by Sk8man