Canadice 5/17 am

Did the morning on Canadice from 5-11. Very gusty winds made the fishing tough but found active fish at the south end from 9-11. tried a couple lew's speed lures at half way down over the 50 to 40 fow flat at the south end. 3 small lakers dink to 18 inches went back in to grow up, dropped a brown or rainbow on a surface laker taker spoon.

The fish weren't very agressive today , I towed around a laker for a while before noticing a bob in the rod tip.

Did some casting in a few bays when the winds blew me off open water at 10. The usual small pickerel around and a fat rock bass. Couldn't find the smallies anywhere or any largemouth. H20 at 55 most everywhere.

Trolled back to the launch with an orange rooster tail/spinner combo and did 2 jack perch over 10fow. Well.. I caught something to bring home.

One other boat there very early trolling and a couple guys parked along the east side casting. Very windy morning on Canadice.

Good report,

doesn’t sound like a bad trip. Candice is a tough lake to fish its hit or miss but fish or no fish you got to love the tranquility of this lake…

My dad was over at hemlock last Wednesday caught a 14in rainbow tried to revive it before he released it but the fish did not get its bearing back quick enough and became an easy meal for the bald eagle that followed him down the lake…

Some times it’s not about how many fish you get in the boat !!!!!