2015 Sandy Creek Shootout/Teams List

SANDY CREEK SHOOTOUT VI

We are pleased to announce the 6th annual Sandy Creek Shootout. Quality Homes of Rochester will again be providing a $ 500.00 guaranteed cash prize for the largest salmon. Great prizes for largest Brown, Rainbow and Lake Trout. Lots of additional sponsor merchandise and every team receives a "captains bag".

www.sandycreekshootout.com

Follow us on Facebook

Date: Saturday, July 25, 2014 (Weather day will be July 26, 2015)

Start: 5:30 am with weigh in at 2:00 p.m.

Structure= Largest 4 fish (salmon/trout) combined weight per boat, 2 person minimum per boat, 8 rod limit per boat,

100 % Payout, Big fish payouts, 50/50 raffles

2015SandyCreekShootout.pdf

*Above is the entry form for this years tournament. All your payment options are on this entry. You MUST fill out and sign when mailing or delivering your entry fee.

*All the rules for this tournament are here (Please read + print them!): www.sandycreekshootout.com

*Optional $50 calcutta

*Big Fish Friday event also

Make sure to join us for the SCS tournament party on Friday night @ Tavern 19 starting at 6:30pm

Order your tournament shirt here!

I will start the list of paid teams below:

1. Silver Fox/Papa Joe

2. Legacy

3. Escape

4. Bear

5. Salmonboy

6. Bear Creek Bandits

7. Addiction

8. Reflection

9. Pull The Hook

10. Yankee Troller

11. Nothing But Net

12. Salmon Sweepers

13. Triple S

14. Justified

15. Team Jaeger/Jolly Roger

16. Get The Net

17. Double D

18. The Scottsman

19. Wastin Away/ DumAss

20. Rigged

21. Screamin Reels

22. Rabid Weasel

23. Shark Hunter

24. Hells Bells

25. Tomahawk

26. Manatee

27. Maryland Boat

28. Jessica Are

29. Fisher4

30. Make The Turn

31. Chasing Chrome

32. Missdemeanor

33. Time Out

34. Gordy's Dream

35. Live Action

36. Running Rebel

37. Hideout

38. Bronx Bomber

39. Chassin Tail

Marina Info and dockage...

Pro Marine and East Fork Marina

Owner- Tom Barbera

236 Lake Rd East Fork

Hamlin, NY 14464

(585) 964-2694

ice, boat launch, docking, service

Sandy Creek Marina

Owner- Bruce Butcher

8 Lake Road East fork

Hamlin, NY 14464-9704

(585) 964-8189

ice, boat launch, e-free fuel, docking

Sleepy Hollow Marina

Owner- Frank

200 Lake Road East Fork

Hamlin, NY 14464-9708

314-3569

docking

10805814_920389874660131_611753537070870

Edited by Silver Fox

Just a friendly question. Iv heard conflicting reports...one says the 30 inch min requirement for Lake trout has been removed from the derby rules. Another says it has not. The current "rules" posted as of today  still says "Must be 30 inch"  Looking for a clarification.

Any legal lake trout is now allowed. The 30" minimum was dropped to make the weigh in flow a little better. Entrants need to remember that you are allowed two lakers per person with ONLY ONE in the 25-30 slot.

2 weeks away until the SCS VI! Lots and lots of great sponsors for this years event. Tournament day on Saturday but dont forget "big fish friday" and the tournament party on friday night @ tavern 19!

Sandy Creek Shootout Rules 

1. All fish must be caught legally and in accordance with NYS DEC regulations.   All entered fish must be caught in U.S waters of Lake Ontario

2. All boats must leave from and return to the port of Sandy Creek.   Vessels leaving from or returning to other ports are not eligible to participate. 

3. All boats must be registered and paid by 5:00 pm on the Friday prior.

4. Each boat will have a minimum of two participants.  The maximum number of rods to be run by any boat shall be eight (8).
  5.  Boats may not leave port prior to 5:00 a.m. and may not begin fishing until 5:30 a.m.
  6. All boats must provide at least one cellular phone number with the derby entry.   Any cancellation due to weather will be made at 6:00 a.m. on the day of the derby.   Derby Committee members will contact participants via cell phone in the event of a cancellation.  An announcement will be made via marine radio at 6:00 a.m. on Channel 72 in the event of a cancellation. Tournament control will monitor and announce on channel 72.
  7. Weigh in will be at the North Star Sportsman Club, 1299 Walker Lake Ontario Road, Hamlin, New York beginning at 2:00 p.m. and end when all fish are weighed in.  Participants must be in line with their fish no later than 3:00 p.m or suffer disqualification.
  8. Legal fish species will be any salmon and trout. All fish must meet the minimum NYS DEC size limits at the time of weigh in.  Any team bringing non-legal fish to the weigh in will be immediately disqualified.    
  9. The total of four (4) fish combined per boat will be used for weigh in.   All fish must be brought to the weigh station in coolers.  No more than four (4) fish may be brought to the weigh in.  Any coolers containing more than four fish will be disqualified. 
  10. Scoring will be based on 10 points per fish and 1 point per pound.  
  11. In the case of a tie, the boat that weighed in first will be awarded the higher position.
  12. Payout will be 100 % off all monies from entry fees minus administration costs. Payout will be based on total number of entries. Payout will be 25 % of total entrants but not exceeding ten places. A minimum of the top three places will receive payouts.
  13. All participants agree to hold Derby Committee members, North Star Sportsman Club Inc., Sponsors, their agents and volunteers harmless from any liability of any nature or kind for injuries and/or damages suffered by the participant during this event. 
  14. Participants agree to grant permission to use any photographs taken during the derby or awards to the Derby Committee, Lake Ontario United and any sponsors.
  15. All fish will be examined by the weigh master prior to being weighed.  Any fish that has fungus or rot, freezer burns, clouded eyes, slimy gills and unresponsive flesh will be disqualified.  
  16. No disposal of fish will be allowed at the weigh in.  All fish must be removed from the weigh in property.  Any participants disposing of fish at the weigh in property will be immediately disqualified from the derby and any future events.
  17. weather... In the event of a small craft advisory, the event will be delayed until it is lifted. In the event of a weather postponement the derby may be delayed or held on the Sunday immediately following tournament day.   The location of the weigh in may be changed in the event of a postponement.
  18. THE “SPIRIT†OF THE RULES WILL BE ENFORCED AT ALL TIMES. ALL DECISIONS OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS WILL BE FINAL.

Updated 7/14

I know everyone waits till the last minute, but I'm not taking any checks I get in the mail after next tuesday. If I get any after tuesday, they won't be cashed and you'll need to give cash to one of us. 

Anyone going to be at oak orchard this weekend that can collect payment for the shootout? If so give me a call Bill Vogt 269-9416.

My boat is there now and I will be there until sunday. I'm docked in front of boon and Crockett cafe.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My boat is there now and I will be there until sunday. I'm docked in front of boon and Crockett cafe.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sounds good I will catch up with you! Im fishing with my brother next 3 days on u-betcha. Thanks

Common guys weather looks to be great!

FRIDAY  NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH. PARTLY  CLOUDY. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.  SATURDAY  SOUTH WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS BECOMING SOUTHEAST 10 TO  15 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS SATURDAY NIGHT.  WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

Working Thursday through Tuesday. Really stinks, the Sandy Shootout is a blast. Great bunch of people and truly an event that anyone can cash in. If you've never fished above LOC, this is the one to try. Contact any of the Sandy guys (Legacy, Silver Fox, Escape, Addiction, etc etc ) and they will help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Common guys weather looks to be great!

FRIDAY NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH. PARTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS. SATURDAY SOUTH WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS BECOMING SOUTHEAST 10 TO 15 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS SATURDAY NIGHT. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

OK, its been officially "jinxed"!

silverfoxcharters.net