SLR eyes

Kevin J Legg

Back at it this morning. Pick two up at 4:45 and then went a long time with only a smallmouth. At 7:30 picked up another and right after that got the big girl suspended on a long line in 50 fow.

3 keepers and a throw back.post-144887-14374017161193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin J Legg

Fished this morning and got two walleyes off the bottom bouncer around 21" each. Also caught a 17" smallmouth on the longline. Didn't start fishing till nearly 5:00 and caught both walleyes by 5:30. A little slow this morning and the current was running hard weeds were not to bad. Forgot to take a photo.

Fished this morning and got two walleyes off the bottom bouncer around 21" each. Also caught a 17" smallmouth on the longline. Didn't start fishing till nearly 5:00 and caught both walleyes by 5:30. A little slow this morning and the current was running hard weeds were not to bad. Forgot to take a photo.

Kevin, nice takes! Do u ever troll larger baits for eyes? 6-9"range? Also, have u ever fished the larger kinchou minnow or bagley "bang o b08"? Curious on ur thoughts as it relates to big baits.... Productivity etc. As always, thank you for your kind input. Good fishing.

Esox

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Esox.

I have trolled F18 rapalas and 900 reef runners on the lake and at Quinte and caught fish on both so I know they will take a larger lure. Haven't experimented much on the river as my program has been pretty successful. River eyes are feeding mostly on smaller gobies but sometimes do have big gobies, perch and alewives in them. Most of what I use is 4-5" in length.

Some great fishing Kevin makes me wish I lived up that way....until I think back about winter :yes:  :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks Kevin...... We seem to stick the occasional eye during muskie season. Wondered if anyone varies size of bait in their program with any result. Always appreciate the input:). Tight lines.

Esox

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by EsoxAC3

How was last night with the blue moon? I have only fished once in 2 weeks. First my boat went down then I got sick. After seeing that moon last I don't care if I have a 105 degree temp I won't be able to stay off the water

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fished with ProfT in my boat last night. Started out with a strong wind and super strong current. When the wind died it turned into a beautiful night with willing fish. We fished about 5 different spots and hit fish on all of them. Ended with a nice limit of eaters and released a couple shorts and another keeper. Great to fish with friends I've met on LOU! Gene is real gentleman and a very knowledgeable sportsman.post-144887-14383450423653_thumb.jpg

Great job Kevin! I'm hoping for a repeat of last summer tonight! The full moons were awfully good last summer. I love the f18 rapalas casting in fall and some in spring, but I've not had any luck trolling them....i still run em occasionally tho because it seems like they should work and catch bigger fish. I hope someone gets into a good one this weekend!