2015 Otisco Lake Walleye Event

Otisco Lake Guide Service will be hosting the second annual walleye event July 18 at Otisco Lake Campground and Marina. Tournament will start at 6am and end at 2 must leave from campground. Format is simply big fish and pays 2 or 3 places depending on turnout. Weigh in at 2:15 cookout immediately following. This year I'm providing burgers, dogs, sausage, rolls, condiments, and bbq'd bacon wrapped walleye scallops. Cost will be $25 per boat 100% return cookout is free and bring a dish to pass. Sign up here....event will be open to anyone wishing to participate. Last year we had a dozen boats and everyone had a great time. Anyone wanting to participate from my boat can book that day for $200 up 4 people...35% off normal! Fishing will be tough most likely.

I'm not conceding a thing! I think I got something for him this year....I was out walleye trolling for the first time this season on my boat the other day and my probe was showing that the lake is setting up better than last year. That it isn't saying much, but the 60 degree water is not as up and down all over. Still needs to warm up a lot for good fishing....

I was thinking at least 30 down and 80 on top is when it gets can't miss....last year i had that condition for less than a week, but caught well. Does the temp seem more consistent to you? Incidentally that warm pocket we found last spring just south of laders pt was a cold pocket this year. East side had a lot of fish Saturday but too weedy for big boards. We couldn't keep the browns and smb off, but no eyes. We took a 20 inch Smb off your spoon on the probe that was a ball with the 14' set back.

Seemed fairly consistent to me on Sunday.  Plenty of weeds on the west side Sunday and only one small SMB for us.  Didn't seem like a fishy day to me with the hard south wind and overcast. Tthermocline at 30 and 80 on top is easy pickings!

Edited by Miss em

On an even better note with the sunny day yesterday surface temps hit 77 and bait all but quit coming in over night. Two nights ago bait everywhere last night hardly any. One more day of good weather and the alewife spawn is over! Bring on summer trolling!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Saw surface temps as high as 79 today and looking better everyday. Weather looks hot for this week and fishing is gonna be pretty good and awesome compared to last year. We blundered into a few fish around 3pm off the water by 5. Pleasure boaters everywhere, but we kept our spread tight and had a great time.