This old boat

adamg

Got a tow. Was approx. 5 miles off shore , engine trouble, could not start. With thunderstorms on the horizon and a low battery I chose to utilize my Boat U.S. towing benefit. I cannot emphasize enough how glad I was to have that coverage. Within 30 minutes the tow boat arrived from Rochester, averting a potentially dangerous situation. I wanted to drop the riggers on the way in but we were doing 7 knots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-153446-14356752893718_thumb.jpg

$ well spent! The boat immediate my quit after rolling over a big wake at a slow trolling speed. I checked for spark (yes spark) and replaced old plugs. Cranks and cranks but won't fire. Sprayed a squirt of gas directly in a cylinder and installed new plug. Gas getting to carb. Flooded? Stuck float? The boat is a very old ('67) Sea-Ray with a 120 hp Mercruiser I/O

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes - have to admit my TowBoat experience was on Chesapeake Bay.  The only time I had a tow on Lake O was at Wilson and a guy from the Yacht Club towed me from there to the state part launch.  Haven't needed a tow in the last four seasons at the Oak, but I understand the difficulty of getting TowBoat to come that far.