Any fish being Caught by Salmon Arm or Sand Banks

I presume your meaning Salmon Point out of Wellington. Yes the salmon are just starting the past few days. There is a local tournament here this weekend with probably over 20 boats entered, will have  better idea if it is worth the trip to come here to fish now. Will post results on Monday, if this is the area you were asking about.

There was eighteen teams and some salmon were caught, but lake trout out numbered them by a great deal.

The winning salmon catch of four fish weighed 53 lbs.

The biggest lake trout weighed 22 lbs.

The feeling is that it will be at least another week before the salmon are here enough for good fishing.

Took my boat out for a quick ride with the girlfriend yesterday afternoon. Trolled for only an hour or so with no hits and not much on the fish finder but didn't go past 100 fow and fished down 60-70. Would like to know if you guys have any luck !

Yes

I did enter the tournament, we just got Lake Trout not heavy enough to win so put them back. It was decided if there was a large one caught early to tell the other boaters the weight. They did not want the large trout wasted, if they weigh over 10 lbs probably not a desired or healthy fish for you to eat, if you do don't make it regular habit so they claim.

With what I've seen and hearing the Lake Trout are doing very well, certainly more caught in our area than usual.

Took my boat out for a quick ride with the girlfriend yesterday afternoon. Trolled for only an hour or so with no hits and not much on the fish finder but didn't go past 100 fow and fished down 60-70. Would like to know if you guys have any luck !

If you had a Trophy boat I believe I met you on our way into the harbour. There was a boat fishing in that depth right around noon yesterday.

I was out Friday and Saturday fishing the Bonnet. Fri we dropped lines in the water at 6:30am and fished until 2pm. Ran a 4 rod spread, 2 on the rigger, 2 rods with dipsy, spin doctor and fly. Trolled in and out from 100fow - 22ofow. Had 4 knock-off's and they were gone by the time the rod was grabbed and lost a chinook by the boat about 10lbs. All hit's were on spoons blue and silver or black and white.

Saturday lines were in the water at 5am fishing the same waters as the day before. Had one hit around 5:15am and was gone on hook up.Trolled until 1:30pm, started pulling in the first rod of the spread to leave and the downrigger rod fires off. Pulled in a nice 22lbs chinook to end the day. Was caught on a blue silver Big Urn.

Marked very little bait or hooks both days.

Edited by Mike P

You will get 30 different answers to that question lol. Myself and my fishing buddies use hummingbirds,

My boat has an older 700 series and he has a new 396i if im correct.

His has a small screen but its colour and shows everything you need to see such as bait, hooks, thermocline etc...

I'm using a lowrance 500 hds. Really a nice unit. No glare on a sunny day, and marks everything. Chart plotter with maps and waypoints also. Really good deal, bought it used from Happy Days boat center in Windsor, great place to deal with. If you call, ask for Paul or Jay. They definitely go out of their way to help, especially a dummy like me, and back up their stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm running a Humminbird 798ci, awesome unit, gps,side imaging etc. Haven't used the side imaging for Salmon fishing though. Also using the Navionics + card, fantastic detail with the 1 foot contours.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was at Gander mountain in Watertown today and they were $599 on clearance. That being said I don't believe Humminbird makes that model anymore, I think they were replaced with the 600 series. I got mine 1.5 ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...