Bay rat takes 41 inch Otisco Lake tiger

Took a night off from walleye fishing and decided on a solo morning combo troll with my dogs. Set probe rigger up with a spoon, 1 inline board with a small black and chrome bay rat deep diver and before I could get my last line out drag goes and my board disappeared. After a little chaos I net my best solo tiger...a fat 41" measured in the water, and not handled. You can see the bay rat in the net...fish came unhooked when i cut the leader. Picture doesn't begin to do it justice, but neither dog has been trained in photography or holding fish!! Finally re deploy and pick up 1 little brown off the rigger on spin tackle. Then rigger fires and the line screams forward and big fish has now passed the boat and is outrunning my troll spooling my spin rod. I turned the boat away and got out in front and turned the fish. At this point I shut the boat off and began working the fish. I soon realize I'm gonna end up killing this fish to land it, but I gotta at least see this pig. Almost 30 minutes later I get it to the boat....CARP snagged in the belly!!! This fish took my to every corner of the boat twice! The carp pic is worse yet, but the last carp I brought on board hit me in the balls and made a mess on the carpet! I included a couple other pics and 1 of the new Otisco Lake Guide Service tiger musky t shirts. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-14359320697134_thumb.jpg

post-151276-14359320912409_thumb.jpg

post-151276-14359321286844_thumb.jpg

post-151276-14359321582508_thumb.jpg

post-151276-14359321984236_thumb.jpg

post-151276-14359322331727_thumb.jpg

I have a gopro...well my son does. Its quite a process getting the boat loaded with gear and dogs then getting gear out solo I just don't know if I can do anymore technology. I have to have probe batteries, trolling motor remote batteries, headlight batteries, spotlight batteries the thought of messing with mounts and batteries for a gopro makes me wanna dig out my canoe!! But you are right Connor...I should!

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Congrats Justin really nice fish .....especially the carp guess you weren't taking chances on a soft mouth and pulling the hook :lol: Man that tiger must have really inhaled that Bay Rat...

Thanks guys! I'm not sponsored in any way with Bay Rat lures but i have to say bombers and rapalas are toast after 1 tiger....the bay rat is fine....had i known i had a carp i would have probably broke it off. The tiger came on heavy tackle so that didnt take to long and didnt even have to revive the fish. Water temp was 68 this morn and 74 tonight. Tomorrow i run 3 bay rats versus 3 apalas for tigers and spoons for eyes n browns. Got Tracy's nephew again...tough to beat the 42.5 he got 6 weeks ago.

Yea those bay rat take a licking and keep catching, I had a 39" northern smack the goby rat, he had it right back in the corner of his mouth maybe a 15 minute vicious fight on 50# power pro, the rat survived only teeth marks. Congrats to your catch, I bet you thought the same thing as I when I had a drum just about spool me out in Lake Erie, after I saw it I was disappointed but it was fun!!! The shirts are cool, let us know when you get them in. I need a XL.