Trophy Seeker Sodus Report 7-3-15

Left the dock at around 5 this morning with friends Greg and Mike. Set up in 150 and worked 150-200 all morning. Lots of bait and hooks, but a pretty slow pick. Wound up 3 for 5. All kings. 2 smaller and one nice king that is currently at the top of the LOC leaderboard at 25.14. This was Mike's first trip. 

Hope to be back out on Sunday.

-Jim

post-139599-0-98062400-1435941953_thumb.jpg

On what my be a historically bad year for the size of Kings caught.....you probably managed to catch the biggest fish caught lake-wide all year.  Pat yourself on your back, crack a cold one and bask in the glory.  :yes:  :yes:  nice work.

Deff not the biggest of the season, hearing a 30 plus taken in Canada this week. But it is biggest fish on the board so far. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's about time some salmon are being caught.   Great Job!!

We have been catching small salmon and some nice  steelhead in 400-500 foot of water.   We went for lake trout today after working out deep earlier.   We only took one small salmon out deep but took some really nice lake trout in close.  The biggest were 15lbs 7oz and 23 lbs.  We took 8 and they were all over 12 libs.

Jim you were to my one side, Ryan on Backlash was on the other. You both landed 25lb kings... I must have been doing something wrong :)

I'd love to say there was some magic, but we were just fishing based on what we were seeing on the screen and down temp. Changing up colors occasionally. I'm having no luck with wire this year but run it anyway. I don't think this fish will hold up for long, but if it lasts through tomorrow that would be nice. :yes: