Cayuga Cayuga made a young mans day today!

Recently I went fishing on Cayuga with my Dad. We had a good day fishing, but on the way in my gimble bearing started to rattle, bad. I noticed it a little before, but not this bad. No big deal except Theresa's brother and kids are here from California and I promised them a fishing trip. So yesterday I bought a gimble, and all the bellows and hose and gaskets to do the job. I never did this before and it took me 12 hrs. Theresa's brother Fred and son Pacee were here for dinner and helped me finish up the job. I couldn't have finished the job without their help. 

So today we go to Cayuga to "shake her down". Pacee has been fishing all his life with no luck. Even on some ocean party boat trips. The only fish he ever caught was an 18 inch laker with Theresa and I last year. We braved some rough water to do that. Today was a whole different story. Started out of Deans Cove at 630. By 650 we had our first fish in the boat and it never stopped from there. We caught a total of 27 fish and lost 4. Had 6 doubles and 3 triples. (we probably didn't log them all due to the fast pace today) Pacee boated a 10.9 laker, 4 lb landlock and several other fish. We had more fun today than I have had in a while. Rods were firing all day non stop. We couldn't go wrong today the fishing was phenomenal! This young fella was so pleased he could not stop telling me thank you. He was in his wildest dream today and so were Theresa and I to see him and his Dad have so much fun. These are the days we all continue to fish for. We had the opportunity to take them fishing and the fishing could not have been better! Tons of fun, tons of fish and tons of stories to tell. That's what keeps me, and i'm sure most of us, hooked on fishing. We were able to make this young mans day today, and we were pleased to be able to do so. 

Hot lures today for us, Copper Back KW Rattling lure and a new color (I'm not going to say because I will get a bunch of guys calling me for this and I'm not ready for it. Sorry, but i'm already so far behind I will not possibly be able to keep up) I will say that it was a Rattling Lure as well. 

Thermocline is strong north of Deans Cove. 

Great job Jason :yes:  That sure is what it is all about .... and also wonderful the good fishing coincided with their trip here. It has been pretty 'sketchy just about everyplace else so you sure took them to the right spot too. Another great day for Great lLkes Lures too. They are exceptional spoons and this is a prime example of their effectiveness.

Totally awsome Jason, I'm sure the young buck will never forget this banner day, also says a lot about Great Lake Lure Company's products!! That was very thoughtful of you to take on that job of rebooting and replacing the gimbal, that a job in itself!!! Been there. Thanks for taking a kid fishing. My cousin's little boy Jake is a hard core fisherman and he's chomping at the bit to hook into a king, he's 8 but a good little guy, I can't wait to hook a slob and hand him the pole. Again congrats to your day.