Lake Erie smallmouth

anytime

With the way Lake O has been the last few years went to the Small Boat Harbor for the yearly bass day. Took a newbe with me who had never been there. As always never disappointed. Took plenty of bass on fatheads out in front of the windmills with the largest 18-19 inches. Water was 68* on top. Nothing at Senica Shoals. A lot of goby's also. Best part was the free launch fee's. During the week over 62 gets in free with just showing your driver's license at state launches.

We were at Seneca shoals the same day and found a small area that held a few bass. Tried earlier for eyes in front of the windmills for eyes but never hit one. What depth of water were you in. I worked the area from 30 -45 without seeing much.

Went out on Cayuga yesterday was doing good despite the wind and waves caught salmon and laker,s and one bow decided to go back and cover the same ground again and the starter went in the big penn yan,I had to get back on the small motor with about a 12 mile ph wind, interesting.Glad I have your,s for a spare,no down time.

We fished the shoreline along the windmills working the humps(there's plenty) in 15-20' of water. Like I said we found nothing out away from the shore. Surprising.

Went back again yesterday and decided to try the Canada side of the roundhouse. Not a single bass! But, if you looked down over the gravel areas surrounded by weeds, you could see them all over.  This was in 15-17'  They seemed to have lockjaw in that area.  Fortunately, I still had a few more honey holes that paid off.