44TH ANNUAL LAKE TROUT DERBY

including ,landlock,rainbow,and browntrout divisions, $20,925.00 in cash prizes. $5000.00 grand prize . many chances to win in various age groups,male ,female,senior ,juvenile,and teen age, 1st through 5th in each fish group. ...May 24,25,26 Seneca lake... www.senecamarine.com for links and info,or http://www.flsor.com or www.laketroutderby.org .........its a well run derby and a great way to get started in derby fishing .im not affiliated with the derby but its where i cut my teeth on trolling and fishing with my son .last year the attendance was down so if i can help a little with this post its the least i can do .how bout ch 68. hey and the weather is looking great for th weekend too.1-315-781-2195 is another contact... good luck hope to hear from some of you on the squak box.Ray K. PEGASUS ,I will have Jason and his dad on board also.go to Tripleduce 50 post below,or above to check in and where your gonna launch from.

This event almost didn't make the advertised payout last year. The number of participants fell from about 2200 to about 1700 last year. The non-profit clubs that run the event and give up part of their holiday to man the weight stations made nothing from the event last year though they did benefit from the associated boat raffle. Changes had to be made to ensure the continued participation of not for profit clubs.

The following changes were made:

1) entry fee was raised from $25 to $30 (it had remained at $25 for many years)

2) Prize money was cut in half for Browns, Rainbows and Landlocks (there was some talk of eliminating these categories entirely)

3) the advertised payouts for the major prizes are based on 1200 entries, a sliding scale for lessor payouts for entries under 1200

Your $30 entry fee allows you to compete for over $20,000 in prizes.

Edited: muskybob

I wish every one in the derby good luck and tight lines tomorrow! May you come in second!

Worked on the boat all day installing the new Lowrance 525 DF and Cannon S-n-T. Hit me up on 68. Boat name Zebedee (21 ft gray and white Renken).

• 4 weeks later...