Went yesterday out of Stony creek, headed straight west. Spent most of the day in 150' of water and out to 180'. Very busy screens, had one brown on a spoon down 25', a small king down 50', and 6 lakers down 100' to 110' with several missed fish. Three lakers over 15 lb. One pic shows approximate location, other pick shows the stomach content of a 16.5 lb laker, amazing he would still be looking for more. My nephews had a blast on their first trip to the big lake.post-151827-14363167050663_thumb.jpgpost-151827-14363167178583_thumb.jpgpost-151827-14363167360417_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I use an electric smoker because it's a long process and I can't always monitor it the entire time, also easier to get consistency from one batch to the next.  I started out using Bradley smoker's recipe as a baseline.

http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/recipe/bradleys-famous-hot-smoked-salmon/

As far as the spices, that's where you need to modify to your liking, I don't use any garlic or onion.  If you want to try different flavors in the same batch, keep the stronger spices on the lower racks.  My favorite has a little cayenne in the mix. 

When you're done smoking remove the filets from the racks and let cool just a bit, then remove the skin (should pull off smooth in one piece) and use the tip of a spatula to scrape the layer of brown residue from the mudline which was between the skin and meat (discard this).  Then enjoy some fresh, and let rest cool to be packaged and frozen after a night in the fridge.