Tonysil - New member from Youngstown, NY

Hello!  I grew up fishing in western NY.  Mostly bass and musky.  I just purchased my first set of down riggers for my 2011 Crestliner Superhawk.  I'm looking forward to learning how to fish for Salmon and Trout on the lake as well as incorporate some new strategies into my musky fishing.

I am an avid western hunter and a health and safety rep for the United Auto Workers union.

I look forward to interacting on your site!

Edited by Tonysil

Welcome to the LOU family...As another union member ( Engine Plant) I can tell you I have learned a ton of great information over the last ten years from this sight. My home port is Olcott & guys like Captain Vince Piereloni (Thrillseeker) is one of the experts who shares information if you ask him.For the most part 90 % of the fisherman will gladly share information about what , where & how if asked. Sometimes it gets frustrating out there because you have the right gear , a good game plan and a lot of confidence.......but Lake O decides not play fair...Most get aggravated and inpatient but if you keep at it & learn something from every trip , you will have one of those "unforgettable" days that will keep you coming back. At the engine plant we have a group of guys who fish both Ontario & Erie regularly and have no problem sharing information. So if you ever need a report or real time info...check lake wide tweets (Capt. Vince), Bob Songin (Oak Orchard), lake conditions from webcam at youngstown , olcott , point breeze , and offshore bouy sites.