Seneca 7/3 - 7/6

7/3 - Launched at Severne on Friday morning and ran north to just south of Roys.  Set 2 riggers both running cowbells and spin-n-glo's (green luminous and luminous spot) at 90 and 95 feet respectively in 100' of water with 2 dipsey's (one with protroll/fly and the other with spin doctor and spoon) set at 75 and 50 feet.  Started trolling north in front of Roy's and about 10 minutes later the 95' rigger popped and resulted in a small laker.  Even though it was small, it was my first laker so definitely a memory.  just as I got past Roys I noticed one of the dipeys going and i grabbed it but lost the fish.  I believe this fish was pretty large as he was giving me one hell of a fight.  Turned east and headed across the lake when the high rigger went off.  This laker was 20".  Not a monster but much bigger than the first.  

7/4 - I thought since the lake was much rougher than the previous day that I would launch at Severne and head up to long point.  Started up near the point in 100' of water and trolled south toward Camp Seneca with the same setup I mentioned in the 7/3 information.  We picked up a 5 lakers in that stretch in 4 1/2 hours.  We still didnt catch any monsters but they were definitely getting bigger.  All of the fish came on cowbells and green luminous spin-n-glo's.  There were some really decent bait pods and we marked fish sporadically through the whole stretch.  

7/5 - Decided to fish the evening and take my wife, kids, the friend I had been fishing with and his wife.  Launched at Severne and ran up to long point again.  Fished the same area with the same gear in the same depths as the info on 7/4 with limited success.  We caught 2 small lakers and one that was about 21".  I would have liked to run north to Roys and fish up there but I didnt want to take the chance of running all the way up there and then it getting rough and having the women and my kids freaking out on a nasty ride back.  The bait pods and fish were still there this day as well.

7/6 - I thought since my friends house is down near starkey point that we should try it a little closer to home so I lauched at Severne and ran down just south of Starkey Point.  Fished the same gear and the same depth of water and landed our two biggest lakers (24" and 25 1/2") of the trip and found a place to fish that was a little closer to home.  

This was only my second attempt at trolling for lakers (or any other species for that matter) and I would consider it a success and we definitely had a blast!  

With the exception of one of my Cannon Unitroll HP bodies breaking it was a very relaxing and enjoyable trip.  I did have the opportunity to meet Fishy from Fishy Business over in Penn Yan and have nothing but good things to say about him.  I ran over to his shop to pick up a slightly used Unitroll HP that he gave me a pretty good deal on.  Very nice guy and a well stocked shop.

Here are a few pics from the trip.

20150703_090632_resized.jpg

20150704_131001_resized.jpg

20150705_174055_resized.jpg

On a finishing note, I would like to say thanks to everyone who has give me advice or advice I have read through previous posts.  I couldnt have been this successful this early without that valuable information.  This site is a wealth of information and I will be supporting it by becoming a pro member.

Thanks Everyone,

Jim

Nice going JIm. :yes:  I'm glad things worked out and you got the chance to get over to Fishy's place. Best of luck in your future outings. Les