What is this? Seneca 7-7

We have been following this line of something for a while now. Is it bait and fish all mixed together? We aren't getting much out of it.

Other than that, the 3 and 5 color leadcore sporting an FLT chicken feed got 2 salmon and a rainbow. A different FLT spoon (green glow) took a laker down 80 over 140.

post-148608-14362847605913_thumb.jpg

Clutter and bait. Do you have down temp? They Cline can be picked up by most sonars. Friday my T Cline was about 40 to fifty down. Sunday it was only 30....

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

To me it looks like a lot of bait in different densities spread along the thermocline in that particular area you were in at the time that had clutter in it maybe as well. The fact that the leadcores picked up the salmon and rainbow within that general depth would support that view. Looks as though the downrigger set at 40 missed the possible action :)

Edited by Sk8man

To me it looks like a lot of bait in different densities spread along the thermocline in that particular area you were in at the time that had clutter in it maybe as well. The fact that the leadcores picked up the salmon and rainbow within that general depth would support that view. Looks as though the downrigger set at 40 missed the possible action :)

I was thinking the same thing on the downrigger, Les.  Looks like maybe 20 or 25' would have been the magic depth!!

Ran into that some last year after big rains near were tributaries washed in and still think it was debris slowly headed to the bottom or even a possible current.. But right now the lake is setting up so could me a mixture of things,thermocline bait ,fleas and fish... Sometimes I'm tempted to get my ice fishing camera out and actually find out...

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We had the same thing on Sunday found it to be pretty productive for us to fish just below it. We ran dipsys down there and got some decent lakers. We were hoping for something besides a laker but that didn't happen.

post-151877-1436318671362_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I also picked up alot of bait up high.  Roughly 20-40 feet of depth.  The only other thing I could possibly think of is if you dont have your scroll speed set to fast, or in the case of my Garmin 73DV, hyper, bait/fish marks, etc, can be exaggerated.  

I also picked up alot of bait up high. Roughly 20-40 feet of depth. The only other thing I could possibly think of is if you dont have your scroll speed set to fast, or in the case of my Garmin 73DV, hyper, bait/fish marks, etc, can be exaggerated.

It's a Lowrance setup for fast and slow trolling. I don't have a ton of experience, but I couldn't believe that was all bait and fish. A few of the really dense school did make the rods bounce when the line went through. It's no wonder the fish are hard to catch. They don't have to work very hard to find food. The bigger salmon we caught even coughed up an alewife when he got in the boat

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

At times I think it's all bait and that's why fishing is so tough. Our lures don't stand out compared to never ending bait.

That's m/o.

One things for sure, the fishing getting better each week. Just in time for winter. :(

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app