"Must have" lures for beginners

I recently purchased a set of downriggers for whatever happens to be biting at any given time on Ontario.  In order to be versatile what should my initial lure purchases consist of.  Spoons, flies, plugs, colors, sizes, dodgers, spin doctors, etc. Holy crap. It is all a bit overwhelming when you are not familiar.  

Any advice on the "must have" l lures/set ups?  Thanks!

For what it's worth I say spoons will produce anytime but I would run them up until about this time and then move towards flasher/fly or spin doctor/fly combos as the kings start to move in and stage. I will run a combo of each though at time at different depths. As far as colors myself I've always liked greens, chartreuse, blues and oranges with orange earlier and green later. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I second the spoons to start with. Regular and mag sizes right now. When I first started, I read the reports section to see what types were working for others and then bought a few other random ones that caught my eye. You never know which ones are going to be hot on your boat.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

funny you ask, just went through my bag this afternoon and realize that of the 1000 or so spoons I have on the boat a simple silver/green NK 28 and an old Pirate Mag spoon in "spook" have taking countless fish. Black and glow ladderback @ first light is a real winner.  Now I run Moonshine "Carbon 14" in the pre-dawn hours and after the sun is up a 8" green spindoc with a green crinkle Atomic fly. 

I would add an NBk,seasick waddler, die hard, king of sting, mullato(michael Jackson), and watermelon for spoons. Any spindoctor will work as London as it is n or white or a combo of both. Any fly will work as long as its green! And that's a good start!