If you had to choose...Wicklow, Scotch Bonnett, Cobourg or Port Hope?

Hi,

My brother in-law just got back from serving 3 months in Kuwait and our better halves have "allowed" us a fishing weekend!!!! We are coming from the Kingston area and will be camping in Brighton this Friday,Saturday and Sunday. Any advice on which area would be our best success? I have a 19.5' Super Pro and wind forecast is looking decent. We aren't fishing the derby so just looking for info on where are best bet to go would be to get into some Salmon at this time of year.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If I was staying in Brighton, I would go to Scotch Bonnet area. There was a 27 lber plus caught there this week. In fact it is leading the Toronto Sun derby. If you have a GPS for Lake Ontario it would sure help as it as been a bit foggyat times plus there is quite a bit of structure to work with

I can see fishing getting real good here for the next couple weeks.

Thanks traveller! I do have a GPS with Navionics card, don't know how I fished without!! I heard that another top ten in the derby was caught at Welljngton the other day. What launch is recommended In Brighton? Or is Wellington a better place to launch?

Not familiar with launch's at Brighton, but I do know if launching at Wellington you can get to Scotch Bonnet no problem. What I like 90% of the time if the wind does come up around noon it is usually out of the south west or west which puts it in your back on your return trip to Wellington.

I strongly suggest going in the morning as early as possible as Lake is usually quiet. If it is not quiet and is rolling there is a good chance it will roll all day.

Good luck on your decision, most boats monitor 71 and our boat's name is traveller if you happen to be out there, we hope to fish the next four days.

Going to try and hit the Bonnet area Saturday morning. The launch at Brighton is about the same distance as launching from Wellington to get to the Bonnett but like you said the forecast is calling SW winds and the wind would not be at our back if launching out of Brighton. Generally speaking how are the waves in that area with 15 km SW winds? Is Scotch Bonnett Island better than the shoal at this time of year?

I rather be at the bonnet, today we got 15lb Chinook in front of the bonnet. Did see another Chinook caught just west of Palon banks, looked much bigger than ours. The other nice think about the bonnet with a south west or west wind you can continue to troll to the harbour for several hours and still good fishing.

By the way our fish was caught on a Rac Michael Jackson down 65ft. also heard on the vhf another salmon caught with the same lure.

Edited by traveller