Oakville-Cement Plant July 9th PM

Decided to get away from the swarm of boats out in front of Bronte and head east to an area that looked good earlier in the week.  Setup on a really nice scumline with tons of bait in 150-170fow.

There was also some extreme currents at depth with good temps, seemed like a good mix of variables to entice a beast.  And it did...just the wrong type, picked up a decent Laker.

Also a small king about 4lbs.  As the sun set I slid in a bit shallower as the temps were still decent, but didn't move a rod.

Back out tonight.

Tony

Edited by tonyb

4 lbs, BBQ size. Cedar plank and you're all set.

Agreed, but getting home at 10pm on a weeknight the last thing I want to do is clean a fish lol

Rarely keep anything for this reason, but occasionally I'll take a cooler out filled with ice and go find some ho's and bo's...just not during the GOSD hehe

If I go out with the intent to keep a one or two fish for the smoker or bbq I will bring ice as you indicated and just do a quick field dressing of the fish. I cut under the gill plates to drain the blood and make a slit from gills to vent to remove the guts. Those 4 lb fish are perfect for that and I usually call them sandwich size. I drag them by the tail in the water for a few minutes and then pack them with the ice. Its similar to a commercial packing plan as it preserves the meat without a whole production of preparing fillets immediately. You can maintain them by repacking with more ice if you can't do the actual filleting until the next evening.