Minn Kota Trolling Motor Advice. 210 Starcraft Fishmaster.

They just came out with a 72 inch shaft and that is the one I will purchasing for my fishmaster. I have been told the 60" is good but for an extra $100 I will buy the 72"

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had a 60" on my Baron and switched to a 72" this spring.  MUCH better performance - I'd go with the longer shaft for your 210.

billy, did you go with the 80lb or 112?

also now they are in stock at cabelas

Edited by salmonite

Advice on the battery selection.  I need a 36V system for the Terrova 112.  Have used  Interstates for regular boat battery / starting and house.  What is your experience with trolling motor batteries? 

Trorun, there's been some dialogue a while back about all batteries being made by one manufacturer, labeled with different names. I went with I think ever start from Walmart like 4 yrs ago, never really had much luck keeping them good until 4 yrs ago. Big difference, on board charger, plug it in when I get the boat home, keep it plugged until I'm ready, and during the winter. Batteries have been as good as new. For what it's worth. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Mike thanks for that info. I'm getting sick of messing around with the regular charger and that is a good solution. The old logic suggested that you drag down deep cycle batteries and then charge but in my experience with a variety of batteries it makes sense in terms of longevity to keep them on trickle while not being used.

The worst thing for a battery is not having it charged. I finally disciplined myself to put it on the charger

soon as Im done fishing.

I bought a battery trickle charger,   "battery tender Jr." I think it was in the $20 range and use it for boat

lawn mower four wheeler etc.

It will take a while for it to charge a dead battery , if that was the case , use the bigger battery charger to get it up to

say 80-90% charged and finish off with the trickle charger.

Ive had batteries for years now that Ive started  using the trickle charger.

Just me two cents