I-Bay - Sunday 7/12/15 AM

I fished with my buddy Barry today and we had a very decent bite, although interestingly we feasted on mainly lake trout today.

My day started off with me dropping my Gopro camera and it slid across my driveway at 3:45 AM, only to scratch the lens. The videos are still reasonable, yet will forever have a cloudy area right in the middle. The noise of the crickets and tree frogs were interrupted by my serenade of 20 different permutations using the f-word.

Next up, was me falling down the stairs coming out of the **** house at Mayer's Marina and spraining my right ankle at 4 :15 AM, as someone left a rock on the second step and I took a tumble.....yep, more f bombs........

The third snafu, was me getting a spoon caught between my BJ rigger spool and the frame of the rigger and it blew apart the plastic reel and the line counter..........

And finally, was half of my day being without my Subtroll, after I also somehow managed to destroy the extension RCA cable from the antenna to the dash unit.

That being said, we still managed a good bite, and it started fast and furious with the very first rod taking a hit 10 seconds into our day as we were setting up in 100 fow. Next a laker took a hit right out of my hand, and then the 400' copper pulling meat started screaming followed by the initial rigger going off which concluded with us catching 4 fish in the first 45 minutes. The bite slowed considerably for us after the sun came up and it was a pick of a fish here and there as we drifted out deeper. After it slowed, we motored back into 140-150' and pulled cowbells for some more gorgeous lake trout.

We finished the day 11/12 with all lake trout except one king.

The best depth for us was 110-150' north and east of I-Bay.

The following all took fish today:

Cowbells/Spin n' Glo both in yellow and yellow with red dots'

400' pulling naked cut bait (glow head) MVP #1

42 second spoon on the rigger MVP #2

Good luck to all,

Chris

Edited by momay4000

Nice fishing...but I thought I was the only one who had so many malfunctions of human dexterity. Good to know also that the spurious flying F bomb is also a common language denomination to describe such wonderful events! :D

Well at least the fishing made up for it. Saw you a couple of times Sunday. Similar results for me......many lakers and one nice king.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes - I saw you as well. Rochester really has some great fishing....we are blessed to have such a great port.

Tight lines,

Chris

What a way to start the day! With all of the noises, thank goodness Barry couldn't hear any of these foul words.

Also, look at the bright side, Barry did not lose his sunglasses this time!

Tight lines!

What a way to start the day! With all of the noises, thank goodness Barry couldn't hear any of these foul words.

Also, look at the bright side, Barry did not lose his sunglasses this time!

Tight lines!

Lmao buddy!!!!!