SLR 7-14

Prof T

I was tight to shore in 30 to 40, right on the bottom in the current, pulling a bottom bouncer upriver at around 1 mph speed over ground. Marked a lot of fish suspended, but didn't fish them as the deep bouncer helps keep the surface weeds from being a problem after a busy boating day.

Way to go ProfT, have not got to go much lately due to grad.parties and family home visiting but cant wait to get back down there. I did go fri night for a little while and did manage to get one in 34 fow w/ 9oz bb and black and gold rapala speed was around1 to 1.2 against current. 24" I threw it back to catch another day good luck everyone.

I was fishing the same type of water as you. I have been on a jigging kick as of late. I was doing well early on in the weekend but not so much yesterday. I did do a few trolls with 2 down riggers at 32 feet and 28 feet. Two flatlines off the side with reef runners all I picked up was weeds.

I have a troll pro that I put my gopro in when I use my downriggers. It let's you see how your bait presentation is and see all the fish. All of my favorite spots do not have a fraction of the fish they had last year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Have had many tangles figuring it out. I tried running a stick near the weight and a spoon up a foot this morning but they tangled. Guess I need to move them farther apart. I keep experimenting when I can't get them to hit.

Edited by Kevin J Legg

Out last evening and got this 25 1/2 incher right off the bat. Thought I was in for my best night yet....never got another hit. Trying a new run and now the moss is coming into play. As I run unknown depths and I run over shallower water, things drag, pick up crap fast and foul.

post-156305-0-32993000-1436905235_thumb.jpg

There is a dark moss on the bottom in shallower water but this is the first year I've experience a lot floating green moss. As water warms spiny water fleas can become troublesome as in the lake. They glob up on your line. They only started showing up in the river a couple years ago. They can be a big problem in the lake and often require using 30 lb. mono or flea flicker line.

Haven't fished the river in a week. Gone for the weekend but back on Sunday. Still need to get out together. Glad you're still on them and moss is less of an issue. Looking forward to fishing next full moon!

Edited by Kevin J Legg