Garmin LakeVu HD Maps

Does anyone else have a Garmin Chartplotter/Sonar Unit and think that the LakeVu HD Maps suck?  I have a 73DV and have been fishing Seneca Lake alot.  The depth ranges arent even remotely close to what the contour lines on the map depicts.  I love the fact that it updates position so quickly and the sonar is awesome too, but they could sure use some work on the maps...

Jim

Edited by jimalbert

My unit had preloaded maps on it. When I called Garmin to complain (hoping there were upgrades to the installed maps) I was told that their best maps were loaded on the screen. Yup it looked great it just wasn't accurate. My biggest beef was their not highlighting the top or bottom of the contours. So you didn't know how shallow it might get if you were going over a hump. Then again the readings were so far off I guess why would they bother giving the highs and lows, lol. Don't believe me go to the store and play with their plotters. You will see what I'm talking about as far as lack of detailing of the depths on the maps) For accuracy unfrtunately you need to be on the water to see that big fail.

Spike

I own a few Garmin high end units all with base maps the cards I use are the vision card , bluecharts , lakekeview Hd card and a navionics great lakes card and I have not had that problem . I am not sure if the entry level units with installed cards have the same detail that I have with my cards but I sure have not had that sort of problem but my charts are all area specific . The fishing chart and travel charts have completely different details both should be available on the card.

Edited by bigblue