7/13 out of sandy decent morning

We were on the water at 5:30, awesome hazy sunrise. But the fishing was slow we worked 180-210fow with riggers at 70 and 50, #1 dipsy out 170 and a #0 dipsy out 210. And two leadcores out 7 and 9 colors on planers. After an hour we got a skippy on 70 rigger. Then a laker also down 70ish on the same rigger. The 10 minutes before we had to pull lines and bail out (working sucks) at 8:00 we got a ferocious hit on the #1 dipsy and pulled in the best steelhead I have caught to date! Amazing how one fish at the end totally changes the mood! Lol

I was thinking about trying some "meat rigs" I don't know much about that, anybody wanna tell me were to get the cut bait? Are all the rigs created equal?

Thanks for any info!

post-158152-14368016892684_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Cut bait at Narby tackle. Called familiar bite, in the freezer back of isles in the shop. If Dennis is there he can help you with rigs. There are many kinds and styles. My preference is twinkie teasers from Dreamweaver. You tune the plastic bait head to rotate like a corkscrew about 1 to 2 rolls per second. Not spin on it's axis! Leave the tail end loose to flutter and the curve of the hook adjusted to reach just the end of the meat Put it behind a large flasher and run it deep. Don't forget your toothpicks and a big scale.

PS. ..be patient...it is not a numbers producer always...it is a monster attractor mostly!:D

Edited by skipper19