Water In bilge but clueless as to how it gets there

Adk1

Yeah this is the first summer I have. It has a new cover. I check it every day. But I will say I sm pulling it until I can figure out the autobioge issue.

Rivets work loose and no cracks are visible. Filling the bilge with water on your trailer at indicate a slight weeping of water from a loose rivet. My Starcraft mariner needed 268 rivets removed and replaced with slightly larger rivets. Then the transom knee brace cracked and I gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Rivets. Had 14 of them weeping on my starcraft. Typical of a riveted aluminum boat, especially if it has been pounded in waves over the years or hit things on the hull. Put it up on the trailer, put the plug in, fill the bilge as high as you can go. Wait a bit. Some can be very slow leakers and almost not noticable. All I needed to repair was a center punch, drill, 2 drill bits, aluminum/ stainless blind rivets, rivet gun, 3m 5200, and a little time. My cost maybe 50 bux.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by MadPerry

if hull is not leaking after putting water in it with the garden hose in your driveway, i suspect your older foam in your hull is absorbing rain water. you will pump the bildge dry and some time later have to do it again?  foam could be bleeding out more water and the process repeats over again. try to take a core sample of foam from somewhere in the rear of the boat to check for water content. if it is really bad the hole left from the sample will fill in with water just like a hole in a watermelon. good luck and let me know.    john