"The mountain"?

The "mountain" is at the end of the trench as you head away from Stoney point. You have to be careful because you can run up on it really quick. Easy place to lose dipseys if you're not paying attention to the sonar. Great place for laker's if that's your forte!

Sent from my XT1096 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the post. I also wanted to know where it was. I have been traveling an hour and a half south to Oswego but it hasnt been worth it lately. Where are the Lakers in that area? I went out near Calf island and seen a few on the bottom in about 100 fow but couldnt get them to bit. Any Samon around?  I am going to give it a try again soon. Thanks in advance!

I've never plotted it even though I should have. If you follow the trench off of Stoney Point light house it is probably 2-3 miles out. Usually you will see a handful of boats trolling in circles around it because the Laker's stack on it. That's likely why I have never plotted it because I don't fish for Laker's.

Not sure what they are calling the finger. If you head toward the Oswego smoke stack from Calf Island you will run into the mountain. Usually if you mark fish on bottom in ones and two's they are Laker's. If the fish are off the bottom and stacked they are Salmon. Many times I have never even marked fish and ended up catching some nice ones.

We hit 65' last year thought we had a giant king until it just keeping ripping drag Constant and I looked at the depth finder. Oops

Sent from my thinking chair...

Try getting 2 downrigger balls caught in "The Wall" loads of fun!!!. Lol.