Oneida lake

Jakob5pennies

first trip to the lake for us, took my old shop teacher a great guy 88 years old it was rough and he didn't like it , that lake gets rough no wind home out there it was 15 mph. west wind so never really set up . and come in disapointed will check the weather the next time.

any pointers on where to go for the walleyes on that lake? I have never been on Oneida and was thinking if Lake O was too rough  I would hit Oneida

July 4 through October 1 is a tough time to try and figure things out.... best time to nail walleye is fall and spring. If guys got the summer time thing down.... there isn't much sharing....it's easy as pie October through June....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Summertime walleye fishing on Oneida is pretty good.

You can fish around the weeds with jigs, sticks, and spinners or troll deep. Guys are still getting some jigging bucktails and sonars. I have been doing good trolling sticks deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I haven't been up this summer, but I've done very well trolling deep divers this time of year. Its actually good fishing and not that tough if you are a troller. I never had much trouble if weather cooperated getting a nice mixed bag of smallies, perch, and eyes working along the buoy line near the south shore launch.

• 2 weeks later...