Headed to Mex Pt August 1

This will be my only trip for the season unfortunatly. Anyone willing to help a poor dude out on conditions/where to go and what to use I would appreciate it. Been making two trips a season the past 2 summers and have only been able to land one king and one small steelhead...Not good. Send me a PM if you would rather. I have no down temp/speed.

Should be more and more fish now coming, and with any sort of luck you should be able to put some in the box.

Happy to share what we know.

We run on Channel 68.....Fish Hunter.

Just call us.

Ditto Adk1, I'll be fishing Mexico Bay from July 27-30th and will PM you detailed information when I get back. Hoping for anything other than an easterly wind.

I have been fishing the area every weekend since June 16, little to show for our efforts. First weekend a nice fat brown and skipper steelhead in 80 fow then 2 weekends of skunk ola . Last weekend with the westerly blow we got into some salmon in 125 fow @ 100' down. My crew is out there now with nothing to really report . Had to take a week off to spend out here clamming in RI which yielded ugh better results :)

Will be back on the lake 7-31 and every weekend from then on .

Not sure if its just us or if the fish are not around where we are fishing .

We been from the plant (9 mile ) to sandy pond areas and mark sporadic bait and fish. It seemed last weekend after the west winds the fishing improved as the radio chatter picked up

Good luck and hope things improve for you and us ;)

Give me a shout when your out and if we are doing better I will pass things along.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Adk1 , fished Monday in Mexico by plant . Marked very few fish . Maybe 8 marks . Temp was down around 90 ft . Fished 150 fow out to 250 fow . Only one fish on rigger 100 ft down . An Atlantic . The fleas are the worst then I seen in the last 10 years . They stick to 30 lb . I was cleaning rods every 30 mins . On Tuesday I ran to Oswego , fished 150 fow till noon , then picked up and ran out to 500 ft .trolled out till 620 ft , then trolled back in till 250 ft . Think I only marked 10 fish the whole time . First skunk for me . On weds , fished Mexico till 10 , tried 80ft to 150 fow . Never moved a rod . That was my second skunk. Fleas r very bad .

post-146670-14382083869163_thumb.jpg

I talked to a charter captain in Mexico . He told me Friday and Saturday the Kings were in . But nothing on Monday . Guess he was right . Fished mon - weds , didn't mark many fish . It was like a ghost town out there .

Well, cant say as we slammed them. never got a king. picked up 2 browns, 1 on saturday and 1 sunday am. blown off the lake sat early 2pm. arms still bruised. sunday was really nice but hot! too bad the fishing wasent. couldnt dial anything in. had fish come up from the bottom and follow my ball then back down. thinking lakers or maybe kings. some bait but not allot.

Cant believe you lasted that long on sat.. We went out at 6am and bailed by 10am with 6 footers crashing over back of boat on way in.. It was brutal.. Spent the day at chicken shack and swimming in the river just before break wall at Mexico..

Well when u travel 3 hours and only go once a year you tend to hang in there. We would have stayed out longer but my brother was starting to feel the affects...

Edited by Adk1

cool. Well I hope to get out there again if I can move some things around on my schedule later in august

Edited by Adk1