Newbie tackle ?

A couple of questions.

1) what kind of knot should I use to make loop in fly leader ?

2) what size swivel for connection to spoon? Do u use swivel ? With or without o ring ?

3)how to stop braid from slipping on reel --sometimes does , sometimes doesn't .

Thx

A lot of potential answers here but just off the top of my head (most everything else is gone from there :lol: ):

!) I use two simple overhand knots and then I glue the knot. There are many other knots you can use on it though. Check out the animated knot website for others.

2) #3 Spro for Lake O #2 for Finger Lakes for the most part. I use the o rings on all my dipseys if they have them for great range of depths. The exception would be if I use the smallest dipsey in very shallow water (which I don't do very often) where I run it very near bottom to avoid the ring coming off.

3) Use electrical tape at the end that goes on the reel spool.

Edited by Sk8man

1- The Perfection loop

2-Dreamweaver ball bearing snap #3 (personal choice on using the spoons split ring. some use it and some don't. Sometimes it helps with spoon action and sometimes it doesn't) Experiment.

3- Tie the braid to the spool and secure it with electrical tape and spool tightly.