Fish are here but you have to work for them. I have caught kings mostly 150 and deeper. Not a lot of targets on the sonar. Temp is at 60 feet with most of our kings coming from 65 to 80'. Riggers have been hit with spoons. post-139690-14372416984845_thumb.jpgpost-139690-1437241750985_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

post-139690-1437241713813_thumb.jpg

Edited by steelfire

Unfortunately we trolled for 6 hours yesterday afternoon till late night and took a big skunk. All the fish and bait were gone that we marked. :(

We fished out front on Saturday from 120 to 300. Some fish and bait in 130. Dropped a nice coho just behind the boat,caught a 15 pound king on a ff on 600 copper and had 1 more hit on ff 90 down on a rigger.63 degrees on top so the fish can be spread all over the water column.

Looks like wind from the west for the rest of the week. Hopefully that will push the temp down deeper and make for a more dramatic thermocline. Thanks for the reports...8-]

-Steve D

Talked to the guys from the Sodus pro am yesterday and they had 64 on top and 44 down 35 all the way from 120-250 FOW. I hope the west wind doesn't push that to us

is it that the summer has not been hot enough that there is not a set up this year or is it wind directions or a combo of both ? Now at July 20th if it don't set up soon you think it may not this year ?

is it that the summer has not been hot enough that there is not a set up this year or is it wind directions or a combo of both ? Now at July 20th if it don't set up soon you think it may not this year ?

constant east winds most of the spring and summer would be the culprit imo

Temp came up higher as the morning wore on. Temp was at 40' when we pulled up at 12:30. We couldn't keep the skippys off in 100' of water. Very frustrating conditions. Lost two majors at first light then the cold water blew in and all bait and targets disappeared. 7 hours of washing lures. Did not see any other boats move a net. I've been coming up here the last 12 years at the same time. Toughest conditions by far that I have faced.

It was 49 degrees Wednesday night.  I don't believe it has broken 90 up there yet and until Sunday, barely broke 80degrees.  Combine that with East and South winds and a lot of rainy, cloudy days and the water is ~10 degrees below what it was last year.  After Friday's south blow, the water was really cold.  A bit of West or North wind along with this hot week should get the water setup a bit better.  The good news is, maybe we won't need to fish 100+ feet down in August this year!

We started this morning and temp was down 70. West wind started blowing 10 to 15 mph and the temp came up to 40'. The winds seem to be working the opposite way their supposed to this year.

Fished yesterday out of  Fairhaven from 70 to 500 FOW from 0800 to 1600 .  Only marked one probable Salmon and very few bait pods. Temp (53 degrees F)  was initially at 75 feet, later 50 feet.  Fished  Dipsies, proven downrigger spoon programs, flashers and flies and cut bait all to no avail.  Spiny water fleas were very bad on the dipsey rigs, had to clean them off every half hour to avoid clog-ups.  Hope things improve soon.   

Edited by Charley Tuna

Thanks glass water outdoors. I must also say my wife loves to fish also so I am a very lucky man!! Our whole family fishing together is priceless 😊

Edited by steelfire

Rumor has it this west blow we have had the last 3 days has pushed the mother load in. I will be out early tomorrow in the morning and will update.