That Tony guy is tough to beat lol. Congrats Tony and his five more minutes team. Congrats to Sure Strike for an impressive win on the Pro side.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Rod, great job on the 2nd place finish. Doing it short handed on day 1, so you could not upgrade fish. Nick keep at it, eliminate mistakes, and you will be in the money.

WOW Really Tony - Trophy or money more important to you Am ?

Greg, don't you fish the am. You have as much experience as I do. You won the am cup before I even started fishing the lake. Tom also fishes with you and I beleive he has kicked my but a few times.

If you win a pro tournament and especially the pro cup rules should be changed to not allow Am fishing any more! All Im saying Tony. Congrats on your year! Your wins 2 years in a row at Sodus isn't going help improve number of Am entries!

In addition your work schedule and the fact that you and the elderly gentleman fish almost every day puts you way ahead of the rest of the Am's. Just time for you to stay in the pro division!

Edited by troubles

I don't want the entries to go down. I want to see as many teams as possible. On years I do not do well, the money involved is crazy. Getting teammates to fish is tough. In the am I only need 1 more to make 3, and the cost for the person is much less. This year for oswego and sodus l struggled to put a team together.

I tryed to talk to as many am teams I I could this past week at sodus ...did not have a chance to talk to 5 more min ... and at least two AM teams said they would prob not be back if 5 more min was AM again. Me personally I like the challenge team hells bells has been up there with them last two years. And the only reason we didn't have a good box sun us because we knew we would need a nice box to beat them so we went right for the kings in the mourning and lost 3 right off the bat. Congrats tony and team on your season and either way hope your at sodus next year

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

For the most part, I want to stay out of this conversation but I will say this much.....

Tony stopped by my boat as I was rigging on Wed and we talked for a good half hour or more.  I complimented him on his remarkable year, etc.  Tony is always tough to beat, he's just a great diversified fisherman.  I knew then that he was fishing Am and instead of worrying about how could I compete, I personally welcomed the challenge to fish against the best. This year Five More Minutes was the best on the lake, right along with Team Oh Baby (another Am team who just happens to fish Pro).

Maybe it's because I don't get all caught up in having to win, I don't know?  I was excited to go head to head with Tony and had Five More Minutes not fished Am I doubt I would have fished as hard as I did. No disrespect towards the other great Am teams, but Tony and I go back a little ways competing against one another in the Am.  I usually always come up a little short  :)

I walked away a better fishermen, there is no question in my mind about that. That is what fishing against the best will do for you. We fish tournaments for the love of the game. To experience a competitive two day event that the whole town and community embraces is an experience that  I look forward to and I will forever cherish each and every one. 

Should an Am team be allowed to fish the Am division after winning in the Pro, that is not for me to say?  I do know that I personally welcome the challenge, though Tony does beats me most of the times  :lol:  

Building up the participation should be a top priority and IMO we do that by highlighting the positive.  I will fish Sodus  as long as I am able and I may finish first or I may finish last, but a good time will be had every year no matter where I finish or who I fish against.

Edited by Fishtails

at least two AM teams said they would prob not be back if 5 more min was AM again. 

This is nonsense and a cop out! What happened to wanting to fish against stiff competition and the thrill of beating a tough team? Anyone can win at any time! This thread has turned into a BS thread and I feel bad for Tony. You're beating a guy down for be successful!

Getting beat in a tourney teaches you more than winning one. it shows you what you should have been doing to beat the competition. It's the best way to get better at fishing this lake hands down.

Edited by Yankee Troller

I agree Tony is taking a beating because he has had a remarkable season??? Correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing that forces you to fish "Pro" is whether or not someone on the boat holds a Captains license? And I do not believe he does there for he can fish whatever division he chooses. It's kinda like the guy who is successful in the deer woods and knocks down a few good bucks, next thing you know he us labeled a poacher! Congrats Tony and keep doing what you are doing!