Copper rods

Are there any other options for all steel guided rods other than the okuma glt? These rods break far to easy and are too stiff. I am sick of breaking 3-4 top sections a season. I have been shopping for other options but have not found anything.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a dozen Talora lead core rods for my coppers fished them hard for years . One bad guide and that was my fault but Shimano gave me warranty on my screw up . I use 7ft 8ft and 9ft like them all.

I have to wonder in what manner are you using / abusing them that you break 3-4 a season? Do you have a crew member who is high sticking them or dropping them against the inside of your gunwale (this can cause delayed failures)?

I agree with BigBlue, I use the Shimano Talora Roller rods also for all my wires. As well I beat them up pretty good and haven't had an issue yet and that's with people that have never been out for Salmon before and not knowing what to do.

Thanks for input guys. Most are being broke under normal wear a tear. Had one break attaching it to the planer line. These rods are the only rods consistently breaking and it's always the same section between the 2nd and 3rd guide. They just dont flex much. I actually considered getting a couple ugly stik MH rods and replacing the guides with the broken sections I still have. Just looking for something better. I run taloras for my wire rods and love them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app