Sodus ProAm 7/17-7/19/15

Big Fish Friday- we had a hot tip that the browns were in tight, so we started the day getting that program dialed in. we got into the fish pretty much immediately, and worked 30-40 FOW from Boulder pt to Munson Road. It was a great class of brownies, probably about a 10 lb AVERAGE with a 14 10 LOC fish, a 13 and 11 lb fish. They wanted little tiny spoons off the dipsey and boards, down 10-20 feet. My riggers were worthless. By about 8:30 we had our fish and we had it figured out, so we worked out deep to figure out the kings... we would rot for the next 5 hours, with one steelie and 2 lakers to show for our troubles. we worked from 100-450 west of port... For BFF we had a 70 pt box, about 1 lb from the money....

Saturday: we started the AM in the same water as the day before, and it was really quiet. I think the T storms shut them off. I made a big mistake and gave up on those fish at just before 9. I went out and worked 130 FOW in front of Hughes pretty hard, and only got a small laker on a 10 color core. by noon, I had one small laker, so I picked up and motored back to my waypoints near Boulder, and Immediately knocked off 3 browns at about 1:00 pm.... They were there the whole time, I just didn't wait them out. Thankfully, those fish kept me in the running for saturday, and I was sitting on about 65 pts...

Sunday- we knew we had to get 6 fish (and a laker) so we went back to the browns that treated us so well friday. I stopped just about a mile from port and let everyone motor WAAAAAAAAAY past me. the screen was absolutely lit up off maxwell in 30-40 FOW, so we did a program of 4 planers and 2 dispels (ams could only use 6 rods). we worked maxwell to bootleggers all day, grinding out the bites. Again, a nice class of fish, but a few dinks too (2 fish weighed 5-6 lbs). we got our 6 by 11, and went to laker land (120 FOW off hughes). we picked up our kicker laker at 12, then had a nice shot on the 80 rigger with meat which felt King-y. I would take another small king on a 55 rigger with a mag white spoon, then a nice major in 110 FOW with a meat rig down 70. It felt nice to upgrade my 5 lb brown... we came in with a 135 pt box, and had a total of 201 pts, good for 6th. all in all a productive weekend

Edited by rdebadts

Nice job, and great report!

Tourney fishing all comes down to decision making. Sometimes you're right. Other times you're not. That's whats so fun about it!

Edited by Yankee Troller