Post Pro Am wind down trip. I got out late, around 9 am. I figure if I must clean up the boat, I may as well do it out on the water. I will give a few updates as to what's happening out here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just doing a north troll out front and keeping it simple today. Temp is 44 down 80 ft over 250 fow. Lost one on the 180 dipsey pulling a spoon. That is it so far. Most marks are 50 - 60 down.

Just dropped a king on the 150 diver. Purple warrior spoon. Don't know the name, but I have caught a lot of kings on this spoon. Also, this goofy purple diver is a king killer on my boat.

post-139833-14374030820292_thumb.jpg

Looks like the fish are going to make me work harder than I wanted to. After a long tiring Pro Am week, I hoped the fish would play nice, but nope.

Got a little guy on a 7 color with a warrior frog spoon seconds after putting it out.

post-139833-14374080318408_thumb.jpg

Just dropped a big boy over 250 fow on the 200 wire on a 1 setting. I should probably pay more attention cause I was in the cuddy cleaning when I heard the line screaming. Lol. Mt. Dew Pro Kink pulling an A-tom-mik big fin glow fly.

I guess I have to get some pink and purple paint.

it s a stock color walker deeper diver, or at least it was while walker still owned them.

This past weekend in the Pro Am, I was Lucky Enuff to finish second in the AM division, but it sure wasn't fishing kings. I fished browns mostly. Kings are here, but they are spread out in the water column. I mark one at 40, then 100, then 200. Lol. How do you target that ??

Edited by Fishtails

Wish I was still out there fishing with you, but gotta pay the bills!  Sounds like the cold water is still there.  I like to assume the low marks I'm not catching are lakers, it makes me feel better :)

Lol, may be Nick ? I caught a Laker in 35 fow on a 3 color yesterday. Today is a tough king bite brother, but I don't need anymore brown trout. Lol.

Something like these ? What worked for me yesterday afternoon didn't work today at all. Conditions are similar, but now it's clouding a little.its been dead for hours so I'm getting stuff done :) at 147 fow I have 45 degrees down 50, so yes the cold water is still here.

post-139833-14374204332697_thumb.jpg

Had em down when the sun was high, but nothin. I actually had a hot king bite on these spoons high in the column late last summer.

If I were worried about catching fish, I certainly would not target kings todsy. Lol

Wow, I just got smoked on the 35 rigger and tore 20 lb leader like it was nothing. Lost a warrior spoon and my fixed slider. I need Justin here to watch Rods, I'm dropping everything fishing by myself. Lol

Ended the day with a nice bruiser off the 200 wire pulling a moonshine spoon and picked up a brown in 55 fow as I trolled into port pulling lines on a 150 diver.

post-139833-14374406266261_thumb.jpg

post-139833-14374406628254_thumb.jpg

Something like these ? What worked for me yesterday afternoon didn't work today at all. Conditions are similar, but now it's clouding a little.its been dead for hours so I'm getting stuff done :) at 147 fow I have 45 degrees down 50, so yes the cold water is still here.

Too funny.  You have been experimenting with tiny spoons for Kings while I have been throwing the biggest spoons I can find at them.  5.25" Northport Nailer super mags and Tomic 6" spoons.

I can't believe I did it myself Tony. Lol. I just enjoyed the day and didn't fish very hard. Congrats to you again on not only this week, but on your incredible season. I realized today that I won Sodus once and finished second twice....both times to YOU. Lol