7/18 - Braddock Bay, LOC fish (so far)

Well, I caught up with an old classmate of mine from Fairport HS, probably have not seen each other in 20 years and we have been planning to fish together for the past 2 years and Saturday was the day to catch up. We fished off Steve's boat (Triple S), as the guest, Steve (Lund SSS) set the plan to start out with some Browns and we went 6/8, Steve landed a 14lbs12oz for the board and we had some good smiles with that one. At 9:30 we decided to head to the King waters and we joined the pack that was already into them as nets where flying around. Steve set the rigger and no more then 5 minutes it took off and I grabbed the rod and started a great fight with a 27lbs15oz king - more smiles once it the deck. We fished all spoons and the colors where green/black/silver. I rarely fish on other boats but it was not only good to catch up but learn different stuff and set-ups - Thanks Steve!

post-149446-0-28304700-1437426345_thumb.jpg

post-149446-0-10410400-1437426363_thumb.jpg

Any certain depths you were banging the kings in? We had all of ours going in the inside waters 80-120.

Great job by the way- 2 derby fish in a day isn't too shabby!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm just glad the stars finally aligned and we were able to get out together. Wondering if Tom L. is cursing you for not bringing him along. Damn that thing looks bigger and bigger EVERY time I look at the picture !!! 

Any certain depths you were banging the kings in? We had all of ours going in the inside waters 80-120.

Great job by the way- 2 derby fish in a day isn't too shabby!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fish hit 50' down over 100'.

I'm just glad the stars finally aligned and we were able to get out together. Wondering if Tom L. is cursing you for not bringing him along. Damn that thing looks bigger and bigger EVERY time I look at the picture !!! 

Way to go Steve, two dandys

:)

Hi guys, im staying near Braddock bay from this saturday to the following. Bringing my boat and looking for any help on fishing kings. Never fish out there before, mainly out of mexico and for browns. New to me boat all rigged up (finally). Trying to catch a few. Any helps appreciated! Good luck fishin!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You have dipsy rods? All of our fish have come off the dipsys. 3 setting out 300' out. White spinny with green fly has been working out of Sodus. Or a mag dipsy setting 1 at 170 ft on a sea sick waddler spoon in 150-200 ft

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United