Went out Friday evening to see how the lake looked after the winds- we went 2-2 searching from 4-9pm on a skippy king and steelhead around 150-200'

On our way in we noticed the current died on the inside waters and a small temp brake was around 35' down over 80fow. After the slow evening we were contemplating heading offshore.

Saturday morning we decided to stay in and start there as the lake calmed over night- it payed off. We sat down in 60' and trolled north. We had decent screens with bait up high and a few hooks suspended- just what we were looking for. We headed west and took our first fish in 90' on a meat rig buried on our Big Jon rigger. 15lbs and enough to go in the box. After we got our whole spread out consisting of spoons cheated on 3 of 4 riggers,meat deep on the last rigger, a 250 copper with meat, both wires 170' and 200' out on a 3 setting with meat, and a 10 color with a mag orange crush the starboard wire at 200 fires with a 12lb king. Shortly after we get that back out the port high rigger fires 10lb brown. As we were setting the rigger back out our 170' wire goes screaming and after a long anxious fight we boated an 18lb king and had our box by 8am. Knowing we would need a 20lb kicker we searched that water, but the sun came out and the bite died down. We knew trolling north would be our best bet to try to get that rogue salmon, so we headed north around 1130 to see what we could do. We picked up a 12lb laker in 170' on another wire and after hitting 300fowz we knew we needed to make a move. We burned back inside for the last hour or so and took another 12 lb king on the 10 color with the orange crush. After hearing of some struggles I had thought we had a top 5 box, so we headed in to weigh. We ended up with 46lbs and change, enough for 4th.

Overall a good day- we boated around 10 fish it just could not find that kicker.

The 4th place finish leaves us at 2nd overall by a pound and change. It's nice to see 2 Sandy creek boats up top for the time being!

Next up is SCS- hopefully we can keep up our momentum as the fishing is bound to get tougher the next three events.

post-150826-14374264808192_thumb.jpgpost-150826-14374264898567_thumb.jpgpost-150826-14374265031934_thumb.jpgpost-150826-14374265166297_thumb.jpgpost-150826-14374265309913_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went out Friday evening to see how the lake looked after the winds- we went 2-2 searching from 4-9pm on a skippy king and steelhead around 150-200'

On our way in we noticed the current died on the inside waters and a small temp brake was around 35' down over 80fow. After the slow evening we were contemplating heading offshore.

Saturday morning we decided to stay in and start there as the lake calmed over night- it payed off. We sat down in 60' and trolled north. We had decent screens with bait up high and a few hooks suspended- just what we were looking for. We headed west and took our first fish in 90' on a meat rig buried on our Big Jon rigger. 15lbs and enough to go in the box. After we got our whole spread out consisting of spoons cheated on 3 of 4 riggers,meat deep on the last rigger, a 250 copper with meat, both wires 170' and 200' out on a 3 setting with meat, and a 10 color with a mag orange crush the starboard wire at 200 fires with a 12lb king. Shortly after we get that back out the port high rigger fires 10lb brown. As we were setting the rigger back out our 170' wire goes screaming and after a long anxious fight we boated an 18lb king and had our box by 8am. Knowing we would need a 20lb kicker we searched that water, but the sun came out and the bite died down. We knew trolling north would be our best bet to try to get that rogue salmon, so we headed north around 1130 to see what we could do. We picked up a 12lb laker in 170' on another wire and after hitting 300fowz we knew we needed to make a move. We burned back inside for the last hour or so and took another 12 lb king on the 10 color with the orange crush. After hearing of some struggles I had thought we had a top 5 box, so we headed in to weigh. We ended up with 46lbs and change, enough for 4th.

Overall a good day- we boated around 10 fish it just could not find that kicker.

The 4th place finish leaves us at 2nd overall by a pound and change. It's nice to see 2 Sandy creek boats up top for the time being!

Next up is SCS- hopefully we can keep up our momentum as the fishing is bound to get tougher the next three events.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1437426480.186276.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1437426489.340113.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1437426502.596615.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1437426516.120275.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1437426530.377383.jpg

i thought for sure that not upgrading that 13 lb king would keep us out of the money with all the top notch fisherman that call that port home. glad i was wrong!

You guys just keep females on that boat and you'll do just fine! You learned your lesson at the WHI!

there will always be a lady on the boat most times more than 1

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by bondouley

Get em guys and gals ... see ya sat

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Let's hope you didn't keep all the secret flys for yourself! Lol good luck!

I got a few up my sleeve lol. But David has a good assortment of my favorite

yeah buddy! The last ones i received from you are hot hot hot!

yeah buddy! The last ones i received from you are hot hot hot!

Good thing I tied a couple up for my self !!