HYDRAULIC BRAKE REPLACEMENT?

Adk1

I have a double axle trailer with hydraulic drum brakes. 1991. The former owners of the unit did nothing to them and they no longer work. No fluid in the master at all. I am looking into replacing the entire unit, coupler, lines and drums. Anyone out there done this before and on a scale of 1-10, 10 being expert, what would you rate the the job as being? I am relatively handy with tools and have plenty of them, but have never performed a brake job on any vehicle.

With Specialized brake tools ( pliers, spring & retaining clip wrench, adjuster and bleeder ) I'd say its about a 5. Without them tools its a nightmare if not impossible

Take one off and replace at a time so you have a reference on how they go back together . An auto bleeder is also necessary.

I redid my trailer last summer while the boat was in the water.  My nephew and I did the entire job in about three hours.  That included changing rotors and calipers on one axle and adding them on the second axle for a trailer that was brought in from Virginia where they only had to have brakes on one axle.

Just did my double axle trailer. Couldn't find just the shoes. Bought the Tie Down complete set, backing plate, shoe, cylinders. Best way to go and was easy.  Called the Marina and they wanted $ 300 per axle. Bought parts online and did both axles for $300 including shipping.