Offshore fishing Mexico bay7/17-7/21

Howdy, I'm new to posting info on the computer, however figured I'd share the good news. I've had a boat for past 12 years and fish from Oswego to dunes most of the time. I arrived at camp for Friday morning trip on 7/17 motored straight out from catfish creek to 150 fow trolled north to 200 fow had first Salmon on the deck of the Breaktime before finished setting up. Fished that area until about 1. we had 4 keeper's in the box two over 20lbs gps speed was 2.2 best depth on rigger was 55. Relased a few chicken's lost a couple, 300 copper off a board also did well with dolphin e-chip dragging big weenie blue and yellow fly. Couple of bites on spoon's mostly the blue whale magnum size.

Fished both morning and evening trips on 7/18,7/19 stayed in same vicinity bites started to come a little deeper on Sat and Sun every trip we had between 4-6 fish hit the deck, evening trips were productive again 300 hundred copper, rigger's at 60,70 and 80. Free slider's took fish ever trip, had giant steelhead rocket out of the water on Sunday morning trip attached to UV diehard spoon had to launch 5-6 foot into the air, eventually he wrapped around the wire and dropped off, we laughed, we smiled then cursed when he let go. Big fin Atommik fly got bitten of on the 70 rigger after big king exploded the two rubber bands I had holding echip to release. The worst part of this weekend was the flies, flat lake but lots of biting flies. I still have no idea how to attach pictures from my phone to the website, hopefully somebody can explain that in a way that redneck hunting and fishing guy could understand. Enjoy the great fishing. Breaktime

You don't attach the boards to the copper, it is attached to the braid backing. Shaping up to be a very good weekend with these winds. Temps will be down, but should be more kings in the bay.

Capt Rich

NY Guide Service

Lake Ontario Charters

Salmon River Drift Boat trips

Waterfowl Hunting.

Yes you can make a segmented copper, the only problem you might run into is depending on how much braid you splice in before next section of copper. First you will need a bigger reel, plus if you use a short section of braid between, then you will letting copper out to get board out to the side. The copper will drag in the water do to the weight, unless you run 100' sections of braid in between, just something to think about. Good Luck!!

Capt Rich

NY Guide Service

Lake Ontario Charters

Salmon River Drift Boat trips

Waterfowl Hunting.