I will be fishing out of Olcott tomorrow and need some help. At what depth are the trout and salmon now? Are they in schools of any size? Do you go east or west out of the Harbor? Are spoons (color and size), dodgers & flies, flashers & flies or spin doctors & flies the most productive? Any and all help for fishing tomorrow will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steeleman

Steelman,

I am by no means an expert, however I would offer the following advice:

For kings head out early 5:30 and set up in 150 ft of water and troll NE/NW to 375 ft of water targeting anywhere from 40-70 ft with riggers.   Seasick Waddler, black, purple spoons when sun is higher lighter greens.   Dodger w/flies on diver rods set anywhere from 150 to 225.   Green, blue flies will catch fish.  

If you want Steelhead, almost a sure thing this time of year.   Head to 450-500 ft of water targeting upper 50 ft of water with any green, blue, red, or orange spoon.

I'm sure many will have other options, just going on my own success.

Good Luck

Don

Steelman

I will be in Olcott tomorrow morning. I want to launch around 6:00. Feel free to call me on VHF if you would like and I will be happy to share what info I have. Boat name is Totally Hooked and I scan radio so should hear you on whatever channel you are on. I think I'm going to start about 180' and point her north to see what I get going.

I fished that 120-180 ft all last weekend tons of bait and fish but temp was horrible I was down 90ft still over 50° only managed 4 fish..180 is not a bad start of u r heading north I wouldn't set up there and do a east west troll ..I'm planning on heading out over the weekend idt I'm going to set up till 300 see what some friends have to say ..good luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Today fished 4 hours with my family 9 to 1. First hit dipsey spin and fly 185 on a 1.5,2 fish 19lbking on dipseys 3 setting 150 back complete opposite. Didn't mark any bait until 25 line than it was solid all the way as far as I went.bait started 40ft down and slowly dropped to 75.so thick I couldn't read bottom.temp was deep 52 down 80. I couldn't buy a fish on rigger. Very very very slow.I wasn't out peek times but action was slow enough for me to call it a day rather than wife and kid I got bored.lol..

Went out yesterday from Olcott at about 8:30 am. Headed due North and set

in 200 feet of water. Trolled Northeast into 500 feet of water using dipsys

and spoons (light green, black, Orange). Caught one skipper. Quit about 2:00. Tried unsuccessfully to raise Totally Hooked on Chanel 68. Will try again soon.

Steeleman

Headed in now ..fished 200-300 for a little bit went 1 for 2 there lost the bigger king went out to 400 came back in did a west troll in 150 picked up another small king all fish came off the 100 rigger green glow dot spindoctor chrome. .with a great and yellow atomic screamer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sorry Steeleman I must not have heard you. We had a couple busy times there around 9:00. We fished 220' to 320' east of microwave and down to the plant. We got 10 bites before noon and ended up 6 for 10. Mostly 5 to 8 pound kings but did get a coho and a laker. Wire dipsey's back 200 to 230 were good for us with spindoctor and flies. An NBK down 75' over 260 took a huge king and we had visions of heading for the LOC scales but he snapped us off just about the time I was scooping him up with the net. I won't say he was the winner but he was big, damn I can't stop thinking about it. I won't be out tomorrow because if our steelhead holds the number one spot we need to go to Sodus.