Chimney Bluffs

Fish_Sam

Trophy, I wonder why that is. I cant think of any adverse reason of catching gobies and then using them for bait on the same body of water. Transporting them is a whole different matter. Especially since they're an invasive species. If it makes sense to someone else please respond, I don't see the reasoning.

I don't care, if they want to hunt me down for using a goby as bait while I'm fishing they can. Pretty sure they bigger fish to fry than some person posting they used gobies for bait.

Also if you are using the goby and it is dead there is nothing they can say. Just like if you don't have a bait slip and your using dead minnows same deal they can't do crap.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218

Just an FYI regarding the dead bait issue. I believe in the bait regs they stated something about the the fact that the only dead bait that can be used is commercially prepared baitfish that are not prohibited from use (e.g. Goby) and the packaging has to be present too. Bait such as those just frozen or salted minnows etc. are not allowed.

Edited by Sk8man

I do the same with Gobies on Erie. The regulations are a transport issue. Don't put them in a bucket and you won't have a problem. The gobies on the end of your line are going to die via smallmouth anyway. You are doing a service to the ecosystem.