Boat Size

I own a 17 1/2- foot Princecraft with an 8-foot. beam. In my opinion, its an extremely stable platform. I have the boat rigged pretty well, as far as navigation is concerned.

I'm just wondering what some of you experienced guys feel with respect to taking my boat out to 400+ feet of water. I have a 90 HP 4 stroke Merc as my main engine, and a 6 HP 4 stroke Merc kicker. Looking forward to your comments.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

for sure. The first time I ever took my 221 Islander out to lake O to fish for the kings we had 3 straight days of near mirror conditions. was crazy. the second time however we had 4' waves that started out as a 2' chop. I could see them coming from the west!

It will not be a problem for you, remember keep good life jackets on board (seriously) and know how to put them on. You can float around for days now and still survive :)   But if you watch the weather you will never need them. Bad weather doesn't sneak up on us any more if we are just a little careful. 

You can but your bigger kings are most likely not that far out this time of the year. You'll most likely find steelhead, coho and small kings. Keep an eye on the sky. And check the marine forecast before you go, when you leave the dock and as you are out there.