Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2015 July 25-26

Question about 450 dipsey and I was wondering this when I heard you on the radio this morning. That far back you have to be at the max depth for any size dipsy. What size are you putting out that far and if I am correct about its depth being maxed are you putting it that far back just to get more distance from the boat? I am relatively new to running dipsys and am curious why so far back.

Question about 450 dipsey and I was wondering this when I heard you on the radio this morning. That far back you have to be at the max depth for any size dipsy. What size are you putting out that far and if I am correct about its depth being maxed are you putting it that far back just to get more distance from the boat? I am relatively new to running dipsys and am curious why so far back.

I believe they are size 0 with the O ring. They are the largest size without being magnum :)

We use wire line. I assume a general divide by 3 rule on a one setting and a divide by 5 on a three setting. As far as max depth, I don't really know, but can say that sometimes at 350 on a 3 setting, they won't get bit. Drop it to.450 and they get hammered.

Idk I've caught 5 fish last 2 days on a 3 setting 280 feet out I think it depends on line diameter, conditions, and speed

I'm thinking ours is down around 70-80

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Easy way to tell... troll into 80fow @2.1mph down speed and see if they drag. Are you willing to take the Ruff Rider challenge? I bet it isn't getting down more than 65ft @280 on a #3. If I'm right, I get to add the "Ruff Rider" touch to your rigger rods. :)

I always thought on a #2 setting it was three to one so 300 out would give me 100 down but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On a 1 setting, out 350ft, we trolled into 100fow this morning without dragging (with dodger fly on). We do use two different diameter wires, but that was with the thinner Malin, which gets ~5-10ft deeper than the thicker wire we use.