Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2015 July 25-26

Thanks Nick I will have to do the "Ruff Rider" challenge again I didn't do it lately it's been two or three yrs. This time I will write it down and not loose it...lolðŸ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Don't feel bad, I do it every month and forget by the following weekend haha

Easy way to tell... troll into 80fow @2.1mph down speed and see if they drag. Are you willing to take the Ruff Rider challenge? I bet it isn't getting down more than 65ft @280 on a #3. If I'm right, I get to add the "Ruff Rider" touch to your rigger rods. :)

Hahaha and if your wrong??? I get to have some of that wire that you gave Wayne 😜

But really though 65 down is 63 degrees according to my probe. Interesting....

I believe they are size 0 with the O ring. They are the largest size without being magnum :)

We use wire line. I assume a general divide by 3 rule on a one setting and a divide by 5 on a three setting. As far as max depth, I don't really know, but can say that sometimes at 350 on a 3 setting, they won't get bit. Drop it to.450 and they get hammered.

I just saw this and my brain started to smoke.......if it's 3-1 on a #1 setting and 5-1 on a #3 would it be a safe bet to be leave on a #2 would be 4-1........?

I believe they are size 0 with the O ring. They are the largest size without being magnum :)

We use wire line. I assume a general divide by 3 rule on a one setting and a divide by 5 on a three setting. As far as max depth, I don't really know, but can say that sometimes at 350 on a 3 setting, they won't get bit. Drop it to.450 and they get hammered.

I just saw this and my brain started to smoke.......if it's 3-1 on a #1 setting and 5-1 on a #3 would it be a safe bet to be leave on a #2 would be 4-1........?

What exactly is the rough rider touch"??? Lol

Idk you well but I gotta say.... Will Theresa have any part in this? 😜

Edited by reeldilemma33

Nick, my dipseys on 3.5 setting were hitting bottom in 30 fow out 60, and 20 fow out 40 last weekend. I think the deeper you go the more you have to let out, and perhaps out past say 70 feet your rule applies more....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Guys just download the dive chart on Bloodruntackle.com.  You will find the charts in the blog section of the site.  The depths of the dipsys were confirmed by a probe.  I have found them accurate.  As far as why fish hit a dipsy at 450' out but won't touch it at 350' out has nothing to do with depth achieved as a standard sized dipsy will pretty much stop gaining depth at 300' out.  What is probably at play is distance from the boat as it relates to boat noise.

Nick, my dipseys on 3.5 setting were hitting bottom in 30 fow out 60, and 20 fow out 40 last weekend. I think the deeper you go the more you have to let out, and perhaps out past say 70 feet your rule applies more....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We do not fish browns, so we are never in that shallow, but I'm not surprised that they dive deeper at first.

Guys just download the dive chart on Bloodruntackle.com. You will find the charts in the blog section of the site. The depths of the dipsys were confirmed by a probe. I have found them accurate. As far as why fish hit a dipsy at 450' out but won't touch it at 350' out has nothing to do with depth achieved as a standard sized dipsy will pretty much stop gaining depth at 300' out. What is probably at play is distance from the boat as it relates to boat noise.

I agree that this will be more accurate. I never bother to look it up though and my general rule gets me close enough.

Here is the link:

http://www.bloodruntackle.com/more-copper-depth-data-and-wire-diver-depth-numbers/

Edited by Ruff Rider

Hi Nick,

We had a excellent day out in front of our port.First day use of the fish wench on a penn 345.It works great on the copper alot of less fatigue for us .You can actually set it and it wll bring in copper on it's own like a rigger.Handles fish great,sort of heavy somewhat but a rod belt or sitting it helps alot.Glad your having a good day.Yesterday big fish came on green and white spinny chrome ,they liked the chrome edge better and green fly.king of kings magnum ,black took a big fish also,a stellar day

40 lb big game works great fles little heavy but it wporks

good fishing

john

Hi Nick,

We had a excellent day out in front of our port.First day use of the fish wench on a penn 345.It works great on the copper alot of less fatigue for us .You can actually set it and it wll bring in copper on it's own like a rigger.Handles fish great,sort of heavy somewhat but a rod belt or sitting it helps alot.Glad your having a good day.Yesterday big fish came on green and white spinny chrome ,they liked the chrome edge better and green fly.king of kings magnum ,black took a big fish also,a stellar day

40 lb big game works great fles little heavy but it wporks

good fishing

john

Thanks John! We respooled our 25lb rigger rod with 30lb last night, hopefully that helps!

Just crossing 200 fow. Haven't moved a rod. Oh boy.

Well that's not what I wanted to hear haha. 100fow is suddenly empty. We had a great picture setting up, but once done, fish were gone.