Fish hugging bottom at 90'.

What do you think they are? I'm new to fishing Lake Ontario and seriously don't know what they most likely are. I guess I'll have to catch some in the morning to see what they are. Thinking heavy jig with big plastic swim bait since I primarily run dippy divers and not quite to 85'. Trolled 220' back to 60' this evening and had mostly blank screen. A few at a break 170-200, but that's it. Where the salmon at? Just got the boat fixed and tomorrow looks like great weather for fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Usually when you see kings hugging bottom they are in numbers (e.g. pre-staging or staging) and often appear as stacked up cord wood frequently off the mouths of streams or rivers and later in the season. I'm thinking most likely lakers  but depends where in the lake they were spotted too and the water temp down there as temps in the 60's has been reported recently down  in the 80 ft down range so if the temp breaks a little colder right near the bottom  could be browns as mentioned and they can tolerate the 60's temps better than lakers for sure.

Edited by Sk8man

After yesterdays experience they could well be kings  as we pulled two from just above bottom in 100 ft of water.

After yesterdays experience they could well be kings  as we pulled two from just above bottom in 100 ft of water.

I did the same thing yesterday out of IBay, ran a green silver spinny with a white atomic fly just off bottom down 100 in 110fow but I came up with lakers. I had a newbie on the boat and I had to get him someing, was out in 350fow and got one started on the diver and would you know the wire broke,must have had a kink in it. :puke: