I read the post about using a SS rod to clear the fleas from the line, before we went out Tuesday morning. The fleas came off easy early in the morning by shaking the rod tip. But, later all the lines (30# test) had a heavy coating, one line jammed up. I didn't have a SS rod, so I took out my #2 Philips screwdriver and ran it over the flea covered lines...the fleas dropped off like hot butter. Couldn't believe it worked so good.

How has 30 lb blood run sea flea been working

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Worked great before the fleas became super thick. I had both sea flee and 30# fleaflicker down at the same time and the sea flee was keeping them off better than the fleaflicker,but as of wednesday,neither worked.They blossomed with the hot stagnant weather.I'm thinking a good  upwelling will do the trick, but prolly turn off the bite for awhile.

It does have a slippery coating on it  and a lot of stretch as well. What I have found with the Black releases is that I have to make about 8 or 10 loops before putting it in the arm and it helps reduce the "line creep" rather than the 3 - 6 I put in with other line. I've used the Sea Flee for about 3 seasons and it does work well reducing the fleas and holds up pretty well but if the flea infestation is real severe it seems that nothing seems to be "bullet proof"

Les, thanks for the tip since I use Black's releases too :beer:

Edited by MikeyP

I use a 2.5ft stainless steel rod to clear them off. Keep good tension on the line and slide the rod up and down the line on top side. they pretty much fall right off. can be done with a fish on . As the line comes in with the fleas, another person works the steel rod , it works pretty good.

Thanks can't wait to try

Far fewer fleas this morning. Fishing 80-200 FOW. Slow. Saw most fish 105 down. Picked up one nice Brown and one phantom release, but that's all so far since 6am. Still looking for em...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Oh man. I'm trying the ss rod. If this works, I'm buying you a beer steve.e! Hell, one guy said a screwdriver worked. The fleas were bad for me out of the Genny yesterday

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was out of Mex point sat and sunday. fished all over out in front of 9 mile. fleas were not bad at all thank god.

True but the 6 footers by 10 am were terrible . Lots of dock time and river swimming sat afternoon . We had a few fleas on Sunday and they got worse when the lake laid right down in the afternoon

fleas were not bad in the morning sunday,but they started getting heavy on the wire around noon.we spooled up the rigger rods with 200 ft of 40 lb big game mono and they were clean when we brought them up.fleas never stuck to the 40 lb.

I'll be out of town for a week starting on Friday. Keuka bound. Do you use a marine radio and what channel are you on usually? I'll be back next Friday and will be on the O that day and or Sat. I'll try to contact you.