Really bad this year there also. My neighbor has pretty much given up. He doesn't like using flea flicker, gets twisted up too much, which I have experienced also.  I think if you use a spro swivel between lines instead of tying together it may help. The fleaflicker has worked for me so far on lake O and probably will on Keuka. I'm going to try bees wax on the dipsey wire , maybe it'll work. I'll let you all know.

Just Thinking.....Has anyone tried spraying their spooled up line on the reel with silicone spray? I'll try about anything to keep some of the critters off my line.

Thanks &

Boat Safe

Egoody

Steve,flea flicker or blood run will work on Keuka lake. I hear there is a tackle shop near the State Park that sells Blood run line. He only has big spools so will have to fill your reels for anybody that needs it.Ran out of filler spools and cant get till next year.

Just Thinking.....Has anyone tried spraying their spooled up line on the reel with silicone spray? I'll try about anything to keep some of the critters off my line.

Thanks &

Boat Safe

Egoody

The older your line is the more susceptible it is to collection of fleas. Even if it's dirty it will collect more. I had asked on here if anyone had tried the fly line treatment with silicone in it. No one has responded so I guess not. I may have some some place and will give it a try if I can find it. Seems it would accomplished the two quests by cleaning and slicking the mono for down rigger lines. Application pad on the line as it goes down on the rigger ball could be kind of easy with two people running it.

I have my rigger lines spliced  with 120ft of Fleaflicker now. A friend and I just bought 1200 yrds of blood run. I plan on spooling 2 for now for a side by side test. Fishy are you a Keuka resident or cottage owner?

Edited by Steve.e

I took off 200-300 ft of 20 lb and put on 40 mono to run deep off the riggers and took all the 20 off 2 rods and put 30 lb on to run higher on stackers for steelhead put a #8 barrel swivel with 20 lbs floro leader they don't seem to b as heavy in the top 60 fow I have 30 lb braided on the dipsy rods it grabs them pretty good but they come off pretty easy with a single whack once they build up with a fish on ...if I'm just checking or clearing them I reel it in till about 6 ft cut the line and re tie easy and quick

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Its funny to me that in the Finger Lakes homes on the lake are called "cottages". On our Adirondack Lakes they are called "camps". Just interesting.

I use big game ...the 30 I run up high for steelhead and tie a #8 barrel swivel on then put a 8-10 ft leader of floro 20#test...I only took 200-300 ft off my normal 20 lbs and tied in 40 to replace u can use a albright knot or blood not look them up if u don't feel like spooling ur whole reel

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app